I'm Still Here: Mori

Shit, he knows

Shit, he knows.

You laugh nervously. "W-what are you talking about....?" Mori simply stares at you with a blank face. You tense up. "Um......so..uh...." He takes your hands in his and looks at them, face growing sad. "I know that your brother is sick. He went to Britain with you for his business, but grew ill. He was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. You were scared, so you left. You didn't want to see your brother everyday in such a state... " Mori stopped there, seeing the tears in your eyes. He pulls you into a hug and you cry into his shirt.

"I Skype with him once a week. He stays away from gluten, but every now and then it'll somehow slip into his diet and he'll have to go to the hospital for a little while. He keeps getting thinner, and his doctors say his bones are getting weaker. He's the reason why I want to become a doctor. I want to find a better way of helping him, maybe even finding a cure for him." Mori stays quiet and listens to it all, letting each word sink in. You shift and look as if you just remembered something.

"Oh! I'm actually supposed to Skype him now!" You wipe your tears away and get out your phone, calling your brother. He answers and the camera pops up, showing a young boy with (E/C) eyes and (H/C) hair. He's sitting on a hospital bed, thin arms resting beside him. He smiles. "Hi (Y/N)~!" You smile as best you can. "Hey Jake. I see you're in the hospital again. What happened?" His smile faltered for a moment. "One of my business rivals sent me an anonymous chocolate covered fruit basket. I didn't know who it was from at the time, so I thought it was from one of my clients or employees. I ate the fruit, but it turns out the chocolate on them had high amounts of gluten in it. The doctors said someone must've mixed flour or barley in it."

You were trying not to lose it. "They must be a pretty sick person to use a someone's illness to their advantage." Jake simply brushed it off, changing the subject. "Is that your boyfriend with you?" You smile and turn to look at Mori. "Yep. Jake, this is my boyfriend Takashi Morinozuka, who goes by Mori. Taka-kun, this is Jake (L/N), my little brother." Mori smiles and waves a little at the boy, Jake giving a toothy grin and waving back. "Hi Mori! (Y/N) has talked a lot about you before. You seem like a pretty nice guy. I know you'll take good care of my sister." Mori nods and smiles even more, looking to you.

There's a voice on the other side of the screen and Jake smiles apologetically. "Sorry, I have to go. The doctors came back with my results for today. I've been better so far. Let's hope this says I'm all good." He leans towards the screen to turn it off, and the call ends. You smile sadly at your phone and sigh. "He's doing better at least. But I'm really pissed people would stoop so low as to trigger a kid's disease! So what if he's a business rival?! That doesn't mean you do something that could make his health state worse!" You calm yourself down and rest your head on Mori's chest, who's know hugging you again.

You start crying again. "What if it gets a lot worse...? What if he....? And what if no one wants to talk about it with me....? What if everyone suddenly leaves....? I don't want to be alone....." He wipes away your tears and rests his chin on your head.

"It's okay (Y/N)...I'm still here for you...I'll always be here..."