Chapter Sixteen

Enjoy & remember to vote!

Nora smiled, her eyes as bright as he had ever seen them. In an instant, she was on top of him. Kane was pushed onto his back. Nora's hair fell in his face as she looked down at him, a hunger in her eyes that surprised him. She slowly lowered herself until their lips touched. There was that clarity again. Kane held onto it as much as he could to ground himself.

He reached his hand up to cup her face as they kissed. The thought of making out with a girl before all of this happened wouldn't have interested him at all, but this seemed different. When he could feel the bond like he could now, it wasn't about gender, it was just about it.

His eyes caught a glimpse of the fairy lights that hung above them on the wall. A bright watercolour painting sat under the fairy lights. Kane had a suddenly intrusive thought. He wondered what kind of water coloured paintings Mason made. He wondered what Mason's room looked like. Was it filled with his paintings?

Nora suddenly sat up. It shook him out of his weird thoughts. She ripped her shirt off over her head, revealing the blue lace bra underneath. Kane took a deep breath. She stole the air right out of his mouth as she kissed him. He felt drunk under her, with the power of their bond making his head spin. He wondered what it would be like to kiss Mason.

Kane sat up, his head hitting against Nora's. "Woah," Nora exclaimed as she fell off of Kane and onto the bed next to him. "What happened?"

Kane didn't know what happened. The thought had popped into his head of its own volition and it had surprised him. His head kind of hurt where he had collided with Nora. "Are you okay?" he asked, he reached over and touched the tiny red spot on her head. "I don't know what happened."

Nora just laughed. "I didn't think this would be a hundred percent smooth, but I didn't envision head-butting you," she told him with her lips turned up at the edges. "It's okay. My head's fine. Come here," she said, curling her finger at him.

Kane ended up on top of her this time. After a few minutes, Nora's hands were under his shirt. She started bringing the edges up and he allowed her to pull it over his head. When he lent down he could feel the lace of her bra against his bare skin. When she threw her jeans over his head and onto the floor, that was when his heart started hammering against his ribs. This was really happening. He leant down and pressed small kisses all along her neck in a path that lead him back to her lips. As they kissed, something changed. It was just like at the diner, the feeling seemed to explode from his gut and suddenly every fibre of his being was screaming at him. Nora gasped. He threw himself back off the bed and found himself on the floor, with his back pressed against the cold wall. The horrible, sickening feeling made him want to throw up. He grabbed his head in his hands.

It took everything he had not to throw up. The room started spinning around him. He had to close his eyes to keep himself from passing out. He couldn't believe it. He had really thought that feeling had gone. He had been nervous for days that it would come back, but it hadn't at all. Now that he felt safe with Nora and actually wanted to be with her, now it came back? He couldn't understand.

He wanted to get up and punch the wall. He was so mad. How could he live the rest of his life like this? He had been holding onto the hope that the bond would be fixed and now he had the sudden, sinking feeling that this was as good as the bond would ever get.

He lifted his head after a few moments. He had seen disappointment in Nora's eyes before but he didn't even want to imagine the image he was about to see. She was going to hate him for sure. He didn't want to explain to her what had happened. He was shocked when he lifted his eyes to see that Nora was on the edge of the bed, her head pressed against the wall and her hands over her ears.