Chapter 10 ✅

Chapter Ten- Cheerleading can go and shove it

I trudged out of my fourth period homeroom-- already exhausted with being the new kid everybody was whispering about-- and accidentally bumped into someone. Righting my footing, I dragged the strap of my school bag higher up my shoulder and opened my mouth to apologize to the person--

Glancing up, I shut my mouth and grimaced at who it was.

Ugh! Why me?!

No, it's not Easton! But worse. Yeah, even I didn't think anyone could be worse than him either.

Ms. Barbie blinked rapidly, steadying herself even though we didn't really collide that hard-- deathly glared at me, and if eyes could kill she would've burnt me into ashes by now.

Ms. Barbie and I shared History and Calculus thanks to whoever was up there. Again, Why me?

I guessed that the entire school knew that Mr. Brinkley had taken under his wing four poor kids for couple of months. No one knew why though. Everyone had different theories some worse than others.

"You again!" She spitted out. No, literally spitted at me.

Ugh. Can I pretty please kill her? And then I'll bring fresh flowers to her funeral. I promise.

I scrunched my nose at her and took a step back from her overbearing orange cologne-- it was literally making me sick to the stomach. Did she swallow the entire bottle or something?

Her eyes narrowed on me on cue as if she just read my thoughts like some voodoo witch. What I hated the most was that she towered over me. I had pretty much never wished for more height in my life before now. I so wanted to tower over her. I wished god had shown little mercy to me by giving me some height. I was 5'1 and almost everyone seemed taller than me.

Maybe heels should be my best friend after all. But then sneakers were so comfortable and nothing could beat them.

Her flawless makeup covered face got in my naked one as she yelled, "Are you blind or what, poor girl? Or maybe you're high on something that you can't even walk straight." Snickers rose around me. Barbie sneered and scrunched her nose down at me as she stepped back.

A good amount of crowd had clustered around us and she clearly was using them to her own advantage. And here, I was still trying to understand if I had killed her dog by mistake or something because how could a person be this mean to someone they barely know or just met.

"You're a mean bitch!" I didn't mean to say that out loud.

She fumed and pointed her manicured finger at me, "And you're such a piece of trash. You... stay away from Jeanette. She doesn't want someone like you brainwashing her. And don't even dare look at her boyfriend or actually any guy at this school. Or I will make sure you regret coming here."

I already was regretting that dad talk me into this.

Before now, I hated being invisible as if I didn't exist but right now it seemed like the most amazing plan in the history of plans.

But now I was seen and there was no going back. So I pulled my hands into fists and stood on my toes, "You," I gave a dramatic pause "don't scare me. But, your bitch makeup does kinda suck." Then I flipped her off.

Laughter erupted around us and I twirled around letting her collect the shattered pieces of her worthless pride.

What the hell did rich people think of themselves? That if they had money they could treat us in whatever way they wanted?