The Surprising Comeback

The Greatest Showman | Chapter 2

                              Chapter Two                ~ the surprising comeback

                              Chapter Two
                ~ the surprising comeback

                                       ~✧~

   As dawn start to exceed from the sky bit of light fades through the tent while all are still asleep , Phillip wakes up to the crisp morning breeze brushing the tent by yesterday  he decided he isn't going to go to his parents house after all he joined the circus and showing up to his home will be a disgrace and be looked as a stranger which he isn't. The thought of it made him pester and made him ponder what mind his selfish parents had to judge him everything he does in his life. Well, he woke up with the light interrupting his sleepy eye but knew it's a new day and time for practice and shows. He noticed the scent of something toasting and a bit of sweetness in the air so he figured out when he found Anne coming to him a piece of toast smothered in a bit of jam "Anne ?" he said in a sleepy confusing way then he eyes cleared the blurriness and it was Anne she was perfect as always with her caramel skin to her sparkling eyes .

As she walked toward him her eyes followed where Phillip left a spot on the edge of the bed for her to join him. "Hey, yes it's me, "she said while giving him his breakfast lightly rubbing her fingers down the side of his face. "Oh well thank you, " he said looking at her with such caring loving eyes happy to see her "Did you sleep well? He asked, with his voice turning a bit low almost as if he had a sore throat but not quite, about taking the first bite of his toast.

:Yeah I did, did you? she questioned "I did as well " he answered scratchy, at the distance the sound of voices of Lettie, Charles and everyone else waking up and making their way to the kitchen around the corner. "Well they up eat up I'm going to help them give them their breakfast," she said getting up from sitting she leans in and gives him a small kiss on his cheek before she leaves. "Wait Anne let me help you with all of them, " He offered, leaving his plate "Oh there's no need for that W.D got it, trust me we have this covered, you sit here and eat, you have a lot waiting for you today Mr. Showman, but thank you, " she smiled . "I have everything under control as always" he stated, giving a smirk, Anne glares at him once more then leaves to the kitchen with W.D waiting. Phillip finishes his toast and his tea leaving a note generously thanking Anne for bringing him breakfast even though she didn't have to.

He walks from his room to greet the members while the smell of warmness and tea fills the air and the vibe of the morning asking through the circus. "I hope everyone slept soundly as always, today is another day and another show !" He shouted while sitting around Lettie and Charley and others giving announcements and updates. " I never such great sleep ever since I got in this show but yesterday was something else" Lettie bragged joyly ."You said it !" Charley answered as everyone start giving their opinions and casual talks. While everyone is having their conversations Phillip left to see where Anne left to

To his surprise.

He found Anne opening the entrance to some guest he is awfully familiar with. "Look who came to visit!" Anne shouted with glee as surprised as Phillip they both were very glad to see them.
"Phillip, Phillip !" the sounds of little girls racing toward Phillip for a hug their small feet panting on the cold floor.
"Oh heeey, hey girls!" He delightfully greeted, surprised and overwhelmed by the girls hugging him along being a bit confused about what is going on. "Awwhhh! It's been so long I've seen both of you girls" he sighed, hugging the girls playfully "Wow look at both of you, you've guys grown so much you almost are going to reach my size, my goodness " he playfully emphasized. Out of the chatter of the girls, a voice stood out which he recognized
"Well well isn't it Phillip or should I say, Mr. Carlyle,"  P.T Barnum voiced.
"Oh my, it's so great to see you, Anne"  Charity greeted, lovingly embracing a hug with Anne
"It's great to see as well Mrs. Barnum" Anne smiled

Phillip surprised while rises from crouching "M-Mr. Barnum your here"

"Of course I'm here!  Did you think I wouldn't come back to give a visit? I wouldn't leave this circus or any of you, this is where our other part of the family is you may call it part of our home as well, it's our home!" P.T Barnum raved, giving off a bit of sarcasm in his words, spreading a warming smile as now the circus felt more happiness, more laughter, vivid more home-like.

"It seems you have grown Mr. Showman, " He said looking at him and looking off across the stage
He pats him on the back as he gives him a side hug "Its so so great to see you Mr. Barnum and an unexpected surprise as well".
"It's great to see you again Phillip" he laughed embracing in a hug with his old friend who had brought him in the business he had the honor to present for him and his legacy, seeing him again after many years since they last said goodbye.

A/N
Well, I think I'm getting better at being creative writing and vocab I hope these chapters are entertaining you!
I want to make the best fanfic I can make, These chapters are going slow and steady it would get better. Today I have a cold and it's hard to think of a plotline, scenes and make everything creative for this novel. I'm enjoying making this novel sharing the stories I have on my mind and showing them to you guys.

So how are you guys enjoying these few 2 chapters?

Should I work more on creativity with words and vocab?

I'm am just a 14-year-old girl and I suck at vocab 😂 sry but I will get better.
Thank you for your support love ya ❤

Ashley