Chapter 23

- Chuck's P.O.V -

It's been a week after Teresa's banishment. The Gladers are still a little upset but at least they can push back their feelings and do their share of work. Y/N, however, has been worse ever since the banishment. Every night she would stay up. I think she was deeply thinking about something. I need to ask Clint and Jeff if they showed her anything that made her like that. However, as much as I want to deny it, I don't think Clint, Jeff or even Teresa is making her like this. I may just be a child but I think I'm smart... I think that it's Minho or Newt.

Perhaps... it's probably both.

- Newt's P.O.V -

A week after Teresa's banishment and I still can't find the time to find Y/N. I have seen Minho a few times but I didn't see him with Y/N.

"Hey," Thomas put his hand on my shoulder. I quickly looked at his hand then at him, "You alright? You've been like this ever since Teresa has been banished. Honestly, I don't know if you're thinking about Y/N or Teresa at this point."

I looked at him in shock, "You think that I would think of the person who threatened to banish Y/N?"

Thomas stepped back and put his hands up, "All I'm trying to do is to help. This is your  love life, not mine."

Thomas walked back to his work while I spectated the other Track-Hoes. Honestly, I don't think I was focusing on them. I was thinking of a way where I can spend time with Y/N without Minho finding out. However, I also want him to find out so he knows that I love her and she loves me back.

But I need to get to her first before Minho does.

- Y/N's P.O.V -

I haven't gotten any sleep. Was banishing Teresa a good decision? Of course she threatened my life and all but... banishing her into the Maze was a good idea? I feel guilty and I feel burdened. I have to remember that for the rest of my life. I could've helped her before the Glade then all of that would have not happened. I think it's my fault... but I can't change the past.

I take a step out of my Hammock and I walked out into the bright light. I look around to see the Gladers. They are working extremely hard. Some of them wave to me and I wave back. I put on my shoes and I head toward the Med-Jack's with a clear mind. I can forget what happened to Teresa.

I enter the room I usually work in. I see the cabinets that are opened. Clint and Jeff didn't... clean it up. I gulp. I remember when Thomas and I ran to Newt, Minho and Alby. I remember Teresa's voice... She was screaming. She was angry. I choke up but I keep my breathing steady. Newt and Minho... they checked up on me when Teresa was banished. My heart started to beat louder than normal. I still don't know who I love. However...

Love can just be an illusion.

- Minho's P.O.V -

I keep running and running. Why am I doing this to myself? I run faster and faster. My legs start to burn. I can't love her... I felt a bump under my shoe, I fall down. I groan. I see other rocks scattered beside me. I roll my eyes and I grab a water bottle from my backpack that can surprisingly hold a water bottle. I take a swing and I start to breathe heavily.

I can't focus on Y/N... I need to get the Gladers out of the Glade. Of course I love her but... I can't focus. I stand up.

"Ah shuck!" A strong pain came from my left leg. I see a big wound that goes from my knee down. Blood is coming out. It must've been the thing that tripped me. I panic. I look up to see the sun traveling behind the walls. I still have time. I'll just go to the Med-Jacks and-

The Med-Jacks? Where Y/N is? Alby needs me to get the Gladers out of here, romance can wait. However, seeing Y/N and spending a little time with her won't help right?

I take long strides. It hurts but I try to ignore the pain. I think of what I will map when I get back to the Glade but something keeps nagging me...

Yesterday, I ran through the same part of the Maze at the same time as now... There were no rocks there... No other runner ran through the same part yesterday as I did. I tried to remember what those rocks look like... they looked sharp but they were still dull. It was like someone was making a knife.

I look back. If Teresa was killed, I'm sure she would be the type who would scream extremely loudly. However, that night she was banished, there was no scream. She may have starved but wouldn't the Grievers get her first? I stride into the glade, ignoring every Glader that offers to take me to the Med-Jacks. She could still be out there... But how would she be alive? If she came back, I will protect Y/N with everything I can. Of course... I still love her but Newt may get to her first.

Y/N please don't fall for him... I love you.

---------------------

A/N: This chapter is late and I'm sorry. I've been a little busy since I have a surgery in a day or so. Don't worry since it's just for teeth. It's not brain surgery nor heart surgery. I have decided the love triangle for my next fanfiction and it will be a JungkookxReaderxYoongi fanfic. I'm sure that's an unusual combo but I think it will fit the idea I have in mind! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

- Bernie

QOTC: Should I write Newt's ending or Minho's ending first? Should I write extra endings?