Chapter 27 | Cuddles

'I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman's got nothing on me
I'm only one call away'

♪( 'θ`)ノ

Ten minutes later, the juniors left with the car they came with while I was preparing lunch.

As I'm washing the last dish, I feel familiar arms wrap around my waist and his face goes to my neck as he breathes me in.

"That didn't take long," I shut the water off and dry my hands.

"I wanted to have you therefore I couldn't focus," he says tiredly.

"I think what you need to do is go take a little nap, love," I lean my head back to his shoulder and he sighs.

After a moment of silence, it became clear he was tired out of his mind but too stubborn to say anything.

"How about we both go take a nap? I couldn't sleep without you being there so I might be just as tired," I confess softly.

He exhales through his nose and nods. Once we're upstairs in our room, I stick my body to his now change clothed body making as little room between us as possible.

He laughs slightly and puts me completely on top of him after minutes of me trying to get comfortable and having every inch of skin in contact with his.

"Happy there?" He teases. I blush and apologize.

"I love you," he says as he's falling asleep.

"I love you," I reply and sleep with a smile on my face.

"Are we out of eggs?" Ace yells from the kitchen.

It's now 4 in the evening, we woke up about an hour ago and just cuddled in bed. We decided to have a night in since i didn't want to go outside and potentially see George again. Why are all the creepy men making an appearance in my life?

"No, there should be some in the store room," I yell back.

Few minutes later, I see him coming towards me with a lazy look. He flops next to me and pulls me towards him.

"I thought you wanted eggs?" I tease.

"It looked like too much work for something that would be eaten in two minutes," he explains.

I was scrolling through Netflix when i suddenly felt soft lips on my neck.

"Your hand needs rest," I manage to get out breathlessly, referring to his stitches.

"It's just fine, love," he whispers between kisses.

He continues to kiss my neck before he suddenly stops, I was about to question him before he flips me to be on his lap and claims my lips with his.

I was slightly taller in this situation so I had the advantage of leading this kiss. I pull my tongue out and trace his bottom lip with it, that was surprisingly not busted from the fight.

We continue kissing for a couple more minutes before he stands up and carries me, not ever breaking the kiss, upstairs.

Two weeks later...

"I just want to finish school," I complain.

"Well, i can talk to them and have you graduate today?" Ace offers seriously. He was struggling with his tie as he usually does so I go to help him.

"That's a nice offer, but I think I would rather learn something first," i kiss his lips.

It's been two weeks, as y'all probably read, and it was mostly spent indoors or around the house. I couldn't describe the feeling but i knew if I went outside, I would encounter either one of the creepy guys. Of course, I didn't tell Ace that because he would send a search party to go kill both of them.

I also spent most of the two weeks studying so I can just take some major exams and just get college over with.

"Have you thought about the offer?" Ace says. He offered that I'd work as his secretary before the next medical school starts session.

"Just give me a week and I'll be done with the university, I'll think about it more seriously then," I say unsure.

I wouldn't want to mess any of his work on accident. I'm not saying I'm bad at business, I'm great if I say so myself. I just didn't want to mess up any of what his multi-millionaire company does. I'll probably end up taking the job anyway, I need to stop depending on Ace because the clinic doesn't pay that much. I can barley afford college.

"So you're going to the company first?" I question, putting my boots on.

"Yeah, the Chan guy offered a meeting to hopefully we benefit from it. My dad will be there, and then we'll plan when the company will be solely mine," he explains.

"Well, im staying over at Rose's today," I mention. She wanted to have a girls' night so she can explain the mess that her life became.

"Alright, just be careful," he looks at me protectively.

As we're in the car, I plug in my phone and put on some music while we both belted the songs out. Months ago, Ace would've just looked at me weird or laughed. Glad we could now have a full on duet.

"That's my spot, enjoy the musical by yourself," I tease.

"I didn't like it anyway," he mumbles and I roll my eyes.

"This feels weird, I'm just gonna wait for someone that I know," I say, feeling like a toddler.

"As much as I would want you to not even go, you're swamped in exams and I don't want you late," I pout my lips but get out of the car anyway receiving some weird looks.

"Drive safe, don't forget to visit your doctor about your hand," I instruct.

"Yes ma'am," he says smiling.

When he drives off and out of sight, I feel a numb feeling in my head followed by a bang which is weird. That's when my world became dark and I felt myself falling, hearing other voices that I immediately recognized.