Dream of me

I had been texting Jack all day

I had been texting Jack all day. Mostly fighting and sending snarky texts but some of it was him apologizing and saying how bad he felt.

He said that he'd change for me. Reading these texts and imagining his face when he sent them broke my heart. I felt bad for him.

I had a bad habit of fixing people and I so badly wanted to help him and just drop everything to make him happy.

Then I realized I knew I would never, could never, love him the same again. I knew I would never trust him again if we did get back together. He for sure didn't make me feel the same way as Noah does.

Noah was so opposite of Jack. I felt the need to always check Jack's phone and I felt like I had to restrain who I truly was. I was never myself around him.

Noah, on the other hand, made me feel safe to be myself. Made me feel safe enough to roam an unfamiliar city with him and have sex with him.

Noah, treated me better and I knew that. Even just knowing him a week, I knew that he treated me how I deserved to be treated.

sophia
jack, im sorry
youre going through a
tough time but, its just never
gonna work for us.
im sorry and I hope you find
happiness in someone else

jack
you hope i find happiness
in someone else? are you
fucking kidding me sophia?

jack
after all i fucking
did for you?

sophia
jack dont be like this.
i want this to be peaceful

jack
its too fuckin late
for "peaceful"

jack
you've turned into
a slut anyways.

sophia
jack...

jack
its true. i bet you actually
put out for this random
dude on vacation. but not
for your own boyfriend?
fucking bitch.

sophia
dont text me again. goodbye

I shut my phone off, holding back tears. Even though I was over him, it still hurt to see someone that I once loved say those things about me. I know he was only saying it because hes a dick and hes angry, but it still sucked.

Noah was in the pool with his friends. He even shoo'ed away a girl who was leaning all up on him. Just seeing his face made me happier.

"Soph, you've barley talked all morning." Violet said walking over with our drinks in hand.

"Sorry." I said, taking the drink from her.