Chapter 1-Nostalgia & New Beginnings

Mia Archer's POV

"I just don't get it,reducing the friction should prevent the-"
"Yoko please!",Penelope cut her off abruptly as she rolled her eyes.
"I need to be prepared Penelope,the year ahead will be challenging",Yoko defended herself.
"I feel that this year is going to be great",Penelope smiled.
"I feel that this year is going to suck."
Yoko Wong and Penelope Andrews both gave me an annoyed look.
I stared at my two best friends expressionless.
"Chi Chi,are you going to be okay?",Yoko inquired softly.
"Yeah of course,it's not like someone died-agh I meant-uh whatever,the sarcasm is a disease",I shrugged as we walked through the front doors of the school building.
"This year will be different,we will make it different",Penelope piped in a determined tone.
"It's the year before our last year,it's definitely going to be interesting",Yoko continued,opening her locker to grab her Biology book.
"Nerd alert",Penelope chuckled.
"With that being said I am off to see Mr Porter to get some details about the up coming term",Yoko hugged us both and retreated.
"Agh-that girl",Penelope shook her head.
"We love her",I reminded the blonde haired girl.
"She overworks herself."
"It will pay off",I sighed.
"Do you think my hard work will pay off?",Penelope smirked.
Some how I just knew what she was talking about.
"Adam?"
"I stalked him so hard I ended up celebrating his cousin's birthday",she said sheepishly.
"I pray for you a lot."
Penelope smiled a knowing smile and then swallowed her saliva,an indication that she wanted to ask or maybe tell me something.
"Out with it woman!",I raised my eyebrows.
"I just want to know if you'll be alright when you see him,you know with everything that happened between the two of you",she shrugged.
"Who?"
"Mia!"
"You can say his name Penelope,it's not a big deal and besides I'm going to be fine",I replied with a smile.
"You don't have to lie and pretend with me."
I do have to lie.I do have to pretend.It is the only thing I know how to do.
"Calm your farm kid,I am fine."
"So seeing him won't hurt?"
"Nope."
"At all?"
"Not one bit."
"Just know that I'm here for you always."
"Yeah,um here comes Adam."
Penelope began to get nervous as she drooled over the average looking boy who approached us.
I watched her watch him.
Disgusting.Feelings were-correction feelings are disgusting.
"Mia he's looking at us",she whispered nervously.
"Hey there Mia",Adam greeted with a smile.
"Have you met Penelope?",Wing man logic,go watch How I Met Your Mother.
"Hi",Adam scanned her with his blue eyes.
"Hi Adam."
"I really like your hair",Adam said with a smile.
"Thank you",Penelope blushed.
"Before I throw up on Adam's nice shirt guys please..."
"Please what?",Adam questioned.
"Walk Penelope to class obviously",I chased them.
They laughed in unison as if I was so hilarious.
"Would you like that?",he asked her.
Penelope Martin tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear and gave Adam Andrews a nod and with that they began walking down the hallway of Ashwood High School.
I felt pleased with myself as I opened my locker.
I rummaged through my things for a while until I found the brown evelope.
I closed my locker and turned to see the football team,they probably had an early practice.
I watched as they screamed and laughed.They looked so happy,so happy that I wouldn't have been surprised if someone came out of no where and started throwing confetti in the air.
It was only when I looked closer at the group of teenagers that I saw him.
His brown wavy hair,those dark soulless eyes,that smile.
Trent Tyler.
The boy who broke my heart.
I stared at him and for a second our eyes met and for a second I couldn't look away but then I remembered.
I remembered everything,the crying,the sleepless nights,the pain,the heartache.
Reality had dawned on me.
I turned away and began walking toward the principal's office.
The principal,Mr Demsey was a good friend of my family and my mother gave me a couple of documents I needed to hand over to him.
I looked back to see Trent laughing at something one of the other jocks said.
They were happy.He was happy.
He was happy without me.

Please Vote And Feel Free To Comment!