~29~

"Namjoon hyung!" Jungkook rushed through the hallways until he came to his leader's study. He didn't bother to wait for an answer, knocking swiftly twice before just barging inside. He didn't even spare a second to even take in Namjoon's surprised face or the fact that he was so frightened by the younger man's intrusion he accidently broke his keyboard. There was no time for any of it, Jungkook was already rambling at the speed of light, speaking far too quickly for Namjoon to be able to keep up.

"Jungkook!" Namjoon slammed a hand down on his desk, now annoyed he had been so surprised and that Jungkook didn't even have the decency to wait for permission to enter. It was brazen and uncalled for. The maknae shut up immediately, beads of sweat on his brow as if he had run a marathon and he stood there staring at his leader as his chest heaved up and down, waiting for the gangster to say something. When Namjoon finally spoke it was with a heavy sigh and an annoyed gleam in his eyes, "What is your problem? You obviously know how to knock but you're not allowed to just come slamming my door open."

Jungkook shook his head, bowing quickly and muttering a quick apology, "I'm sorry, hyung, but I needed to speak to you..."

Namjoon shook his head, eyes flicking down to his now ruined keyboard. It was the fifth one he had broken that year and he wasn't too pleased about it. Now he would have to send someone out to buy him a new one...

"About?"

Jungkook gulped in a lungful of air, "Taehyung and I were out talking to the farmers in the area – you know, the normal sweep just to see if anything is suspicious – and one of the boys started talking to Taehyung and said he saw something odd."

Namjoon grunted and made a rolling motion with his hand, urging the maknae to speed up, "So what?"

Jungkook shook his head quickly, "He described a man in this area going almost door to door and asking question about a missing man. He wasn't a cop, the boy knew that much, but the boy told Taehyung he had a picture of a very handsome man."

"A handsome man?" Namjoon perked up, forgetting his keyboard in the moment. There could only be one answer.

Jin.

Jungkook gulped in a bit more air, "Yes, I ran here as quickly as I could to tell you. My cell is dead and Taehyung forgot his here."

Namjoon grimaced, "That's a rookie, stupid mistake, Jungkook. Don't forget your phones or leave them uncharged again." that was the least of his worries, though, and he most ignored Jungkook's spouting of apologies. He needed to find out who was asking questions and why. He knew the police were searching for Jin. He had kept up with the local news and the country-wide news and Jin's face and name was everywhere. He was lucky none of the farmers or their children had set eyes on the man. If any of them saw, they might just report Jin found to the police and Namjoon couldn't afford that. Namjoon sighed heavily. The entire situation was becoming a mess so quickly. It was one thing to save Jin but it was another to keep him hidden until things were safe.

"The kid said it wasn't a cop?" Namjoon asked. He needed to be sure.

Jungkook nodded vehemently, "He said he was casually dressed and just asking questions in a way a policeman wouldn't."

Namjoon mulled over this, "And this kid... he's a reliable source?"

Jungkook nodded again, "Yes. He and Taehyung are good buddies. He wouldn't lie or mislead us. He lets us know about everything going on with everyone. He's sharp and he has all the inside info on a lot of things and people. He's a bit too clever for his own good at times but he's very helpful. He wouldn't do anything to jeopardize Tae, either."