~42~

Did you miss me?

==================================================

Jin lay on the floor frozen. His left arm was throbbing and he could barely hear Namjoon screaming to Yoongi through the haze of his ringing ears. Jackson had tried to shoot him in the chest but had missed. He would have been successful had it not been for Yoongi diving on top of him and shoving them both to the ground. However, Jin was stunned – his head had made a solid connection with the barely padded carpet of the floor. He heard the thunk of his skull on concrete directly after he heard the sound of Jackson's gun being fired. But now everything was pure chaos. Jin blinked hard and forced himself to scramble up into a sitting position to try and make some sense out of what was happening.

Arms came and looped around Jin's chest and pulled him up. It was Hoseok, pulling and shoving Jin towards the bedroom. Jin's legs were failing him, though. He was dazed and wanted to understand what was happening. He assumed Yoongi had pushed off of him at some point and left him stranded on the floor for Hoseok to come and collect. He looked over his shoulder, getting a glimpse of Yoongi and Namjoon in a brawl with Jackson before he was shoved again, harder this time, into the back bedroom.

"Fuck!" the ringing in Jin's ears was lessening enough for him to make sense of the noises around him and he watched as Hoseok went around the room, spitting out curses in a panicked frenzy, "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" the gang member went over to one of the sleek wooden dressers in the room and pulled out a drawer, shoving fabric of loose blankets and extra sheets aside in search of something.

Jin could only stand near the door. He could hear Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jackson still grunting and cursing in the next room and his heart clenched. He had done this.

"Hoseok?" the name was small in his mouth, coming out as more of a whisper than anything.

Jin was ignored.

The older man tried again, hands shaking and tears pooling in the corners of his eyes and he tried to process what was happening, "Hoseok, please..." he blinked, trying to hold back his tears but to his surprise, they spilled down his cheeks in lonely, hot streaks, "I'm sorry, Hoseok... please... I'm so sorry." Jin crumpled to the floor, letting his body just slump idly against the wooden door that was his own barrier between him and the potential danger of Jackson outside. If Jackson somehow got past Yoongi and Namjoon, he would deserve whatever punishment would come his way, even if that meant death. Jin was resigned to it.

Cold hands brough Jin out of his own mind. Long fingers slipped under his chin, bringing his tear streaked face back into the light instead of being buried in Jin's palms. Hoseok's face was paler than normal. He had found what he had been looking for – a mask that covered the bridge of his nose down to his neck, the same kind of mask Jin had first seen him in, and a semi-automatic pistol.

"We're going to make it, ok? I promise." Hoseok's voice was strained and a bit muffled from the mask over his mouth. The younger man had been very avoidant of Jin and the affection and comfort he brought to the older was immeasurable. Jin had missed Hoseok's warmth and in that moment wasn't quite sure how he'd done without it.

Jin sniffed hard and blinked back more tears, "I'm sorry, Hoseok. I don't know what to do. This is all my fault..."

Hoseok huffed through his mask, "They've been after us long before you showed up, Jin. It's not all on you."

"But I fucked up with Jackson –"

"Jin, I understand how you feel and I swear to fucking god, if we make it out alive, I will have this conversation with you but I need to go help RM and Suga right now. Are you going to help me?"