Chapter 24 Part 1

If you're reading this after the fourth time it was posted, you're on the right track. I keep getting internet connection issues.

My brother is currently confined in the hospital due to dengue. Good thing he's doing better now:)

Chapter 24 Part 1

Office

So I took a bath before going to Zachary's office. And it wasn't until I was under the warm water that I felt the feeling of fatigue settling heavily over my body. It wasn't just that. I had a slight headache and was feeling twinges in my pelvic area.

I settled a palm on my lower stomach. Baby, are you alright? Mommy's really sorry.

Add guilt to the mix.

I breathed out a sigh. All this thinking was stressing me out. It wasn't just taking a toll on my body too... the baby was receiving a part of it. Mara was right and I was stupid to keep on forgetting...

That my baby should be my first priority.

Even over my forgotten memories. Over remembering. It was selfish of me to keep on forgetting the child's condition whenever I encountered my past the way I did... no matter how shocking they seemed to be.

I took a long soak in the tub until I felt the tightness in my shoulders loosen.

"Here you go, dear." Susan handed me a gigantic paper bag. I peeked inside to see the array of food carefully packed away.

"Thank you," I said before glancing at our housekeeper.

Susan was looking me over as if to check if my clothes were appropriate for the visit. I awkwardly stood there, waiting for her approval. After the disaster of my dress the last party, I needed this.

For what seemed to be ages, I waited. Susan beamed at me, the corners of her eyes crinkling to show her advanced age.

"I think you're all set."

I breathed out a sigh and smiled back. I wasn't even sure why I was going along with Susan. But then remembered, "How am I supposed to get there?"

Susan waved her hand to the door, "Davidson will take you there. I informed the front desk of your visit and they'll assist you to his office."

Sure enough, my husband's trusted driver was standing behind me stoically.

"Shall we?" I asked. He immediately nodded, stepping up to take the paper bag from me.

The drive was a short one. And when we stopped in front of a building, I couldn't help but stare up at what seemed to be a forty-storey high-rise.

"Which floors does the company occupy?" I asked Davidson.

"The eleventh, twelfth and the top three floors," Davidson seemed amused to be reminding me, "but should you know,  the company owns the building."

I blinked at that. "Oh."

Wide-eyed, I entered the revolving doors. The receptionist jumped out of her desk to greet us.

She looked fresh-faced and straight out of college. Her blonde hair escaping the loose bun and her bright blue eyes sparkling beneath large dark-rimmed glasses betraying her young age.

"Good morning, Mrs. Harrington!" She greeted rather loudly. Everyone turned at her voice and their attentions immediately turned to me.

"President Harrington's wife?"