7|| You're stuck with me

|| Five Years Ago ||

As soon as Jade and Macy left from our sleepover my father huffed and mumbled something under his breath, making my mom smacked the back of his head. "I told you to leave it."

Brett frowned sitting infront of me, lost. "What?" His parents still yet to come get him but it wasn't like we care. Half of the time we were at each other's place either way.

I shrugged, straightening my legs and bending them again, feet glued to the glass so the swing where I was sitting moved slightly. My parents had hanged it by the only tree in out small backyard when I reached enough edge to use it. "My father doesn't like Jade very much." I whispered in a top secret tone, making sure the adults didn't heard even considering they were several feet away, minding their own bussiness.

Brett's brows furrowed. "He doesn't?" I shook my head. "Why?

"He say she isn't coming clean...which doesn't make sense 'cause she's never had ever dirtied anything when she come." I defended my friend.

"That's weird." Brett's brows knitted tighter. "Everyone likes Jade."

"That's what I told him!" I agreed in a defeated tone. Why my father choose to despite one of the only two girls that had enough patience to deal with my shyness before knowing me was beyond me. Jade was the sweetest, never had even argue me for anything.

"Rose didn't like her either." he suddenly confessed in my same low tone, looking around in worries someone could hear. This piece of information startled me so much I suddenly stopped swinging and stared at him confused.

"Why not?"

Brett shrugged. "I don't know, she never tells me. But the other day I told her Jade would like to try for the cheer squad and she wasn't happy at all. She even refuse to help her set up from inside."

Wow. That didn't sound like the always so helpful, lovely Rose I knew. "You're sister's weird lately." I mumbled going back to slowly swing, my mind drifting away.

"Yeah." he chuckled. "My mother say it's because it's her last year before collage and 'cause of girl problems'" He quoted it with his finger and an eye roll. "Whatever it means. David say it would save us a lot of headaches when she finally move next year."

I giggled as he keep rambling about his siblings. I had always wanted one for me. Either sister or brother. Or twins! They would made my life way more colorful, like Brett's. He had Rose and David, both olders; Macy got Raven and even Jade's step-mother was pregnant with her half-sister. And I was still here, by myself.

Once I even asked my parents to gave me a little brother, my father laughed and told me they never miss a try. That made my mother blush and smacked him. Later on I understand what he meant and wished I never had asked.