Misunderstandings...

*Rocky's Perspective*

The door to the meeting room opens and Liam, my in charge places the folder in front of me.

"So," I say. "Has the trap been placed?"

He nods. "But you still need to to distract your wife."

"Leave her with me."

Liam clears his throat and turns to me. "Paul will try to get to Sky, you know that. Now that he's out of jail, his target won't be you, it'll be Sky."

"And that's why she can't know," I tell him. "That's why we need to ensure this trap is set so Paul is back in jail and away from Sky. The fact that he is out is ridiculous, I had set him up for a minimum of eighteen years."

"Maybe you should be honest with Sky. Perhaps tell her that Systematics Corp has been freed from their charge and Paul is released."

I shake my head. "She's not in a good place right now and this will just shake her up."

Liam watches me carefully then slides the folder across the table to me. "You might want to rethink this contract with her. I know you love her but you will never win her over with this. Sky isn't the kind of girl who could ever let this go."

I open the contract and flip to the last page where her signature is on it. "You're right, Liam."

Pulling the contract out of the folder, I rip it into pieces.

"Are you going to tell her you just ripped the contract?" He asks.

I stare down at the now empty folder. "No."

"Fight for her, Rocky," he says. "Win her over. I have known you long enough to know you deserve her. I've read what the tabloids write. I've seen all the articles. Having been your in charge for a few years now, I know you're nothing like what they say. Unfortunately she doesn't see that and you have to show it to her. Let her see the real you."

My head hangs low and I slam my fist on the table. "I thought I was but every time I try, it's like I take one step forward only to take another ten back. She doesn't want anything to do with me."

"Rocky, I don't think Sky is the only one at risk. You know Paul won't go for you. He won't even try to hurt you because he knows he can't, but your family...well he won't hesitate to hurt them."