Chapter 25: Unexpected Guest

Chapter 25

It was officially two days before the wedding.

All the Alphas left yesterday, except for Aiden and Tate of course. After a tense consultation between Thane and him, they came to the conclusion that Tate had to go with Aiden for everyone's safety. For one, it's physically impossible for wolves to leave each other after they find their mates and for another reason, Aiden has built himself a long list of enemies and now everyone knows he has a mate. So it was only a matter of time before someone tried to get Tate to harm and weaken Aiden.

Even though age doesn't really matter once you're sixteen in the wolf world, Thane thought Tate was way too young to be moving with Aiden but he knew he couldn't stop them. Plus Tate was turning seventeen on the day of our wedding. So after a long battle with himself, he allowed Tate to go with Aiden once the wedding was over since she wanted to be here for the both of us. Thane however still couldn't help but growl at Aiden every time he saw him which was quite amusing.

I'm just thankful we aren't in any miscalculated danger anymore.

I was currently sitting in the patio of our bedroom in the pack house since Thane was busy doing Alpha duties and almost everyone else was busy decorating the clearing near the pack house. The flowers and cake were already decided on and I was instructed to relax and not move a finger as everyone else were setting everything up for the wedding.

Relaxing definitely wasn't something I could do as I sat in the balcony area and contemplated my life and how I got to this moment.

Marriage definitely wasn't something I thought I would've been doing at nineteen years old, nor was having a kid. Most importantly I couldn't even imagine werewolves being real.

Yet here I am, about to marry one. About to marry my mate. About to marry the love of my life.

I gasped aloud at that thought.

Love.

I knew deep down that I loved Thane but it wasn't until this moment that I admitted it to myself. I have yet to tell him and everyday I could see in his eyes that he was anxiously waiting to tell me he love me again but he thought I wasn't ready to hear it just yet. I could tell he was also worried that I didn't feel the same way but that was impossible for me.

It wasn't just the matting bond, it was Thane that had me falling.

I was about to go into the infirmary, even though I knew it didn't have anyone who needed healing but I was bored out of my mind.

But what I saw at the edge of the forest in the backyard made me do a double take.

It couldn't have been.

It was impossible.

I leaned over the railing and tried to ensure that what I saw was real, but when it didn't disappear, I knew it was no hallucination.

I don't know what compelled me to do what I did next but I immediately ran down all flights of stairs and went straight to the backyard.

I stood right outside the backdoor of the house and faced the woods. I stared straight ahead into the forest but I couldn't believe my eyes.

I slowly approached the figure and as I got close, he turned and walked a little further into the forest so I jogged to keep up with him.

We were just concealed from the house by the forest so that no one could see us out here.

The person turned around and we were within arms reach of each other. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

I didn't know how to feel. Sad, relieved, excited, anxious or worried? Maybe the last feelings were the most prominent.