10| my kind of girl

Chapter ten| my kind of girl

NALA felt the cool rush of the autumn breeze against her damp skin

A sense of relief to tame the perspiration buildup on her skin right after another rigorous practice with Jasmine and Miss Gina. Despite the soreness in her feet, seeing Jaebum laid back on the picnic blanket was enough to make her entire day.

She decided to sneak up on him since no one else was around the park. With his air pods in and eyes closed he looked peaceful, lost in whatever fantasy world he imagined. Nala wanted to take it in, all of him.

Tossing her duffle bag aside she carefully made her way towards him making sure not to disturb him as she laid her head on his chest. Her unruly curls tickling his nose in the process immediately alerting him of her presence. Jaebum smiled knowing it was her. He instinctively wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her close causing the younger girl to squeal in surprise.

"Hey stranger" He teased playfully as Nala looked up at him. God, he could never get tired of looking into those big brown eyes. Just how her untamed coils perfectly framed her face, a translucent glow of the sun beaming against her skin. Nala had always been beautiful to Jaebum yet seeing her here resting her chin on chest was more than his heart was willing to take.

"Hey pretty boy" Nala winked feeling jitters by the way he looked at her. It was like Jaebum just knew how to make her head fuzzy.

"Pretty boy?" Jaebum inquired curiously.

"What? are you trying to say boys can't be pretty?" A beat.

"Boys can very much be pretty. Especially boys with raven black hair, almond eyes, and the most pink-ish heart shaped lips I've ever seen." Nala challenged using a finger tracing the outline of his jaw avoiding eye contact as best as she could. Her head was already fuzzy and heat radiated off her skin, hot to the touch. The effect Jaebum had on her was unlike any sensation she'd ever felt and yet she always dared for more.

The corners of lips Jaebum's tugged upwards into smirk already reading the poor girl like a book.

"Can I be honest with you Nala?"

"Of course" Nala replied without giving much thought. Then she began to think. What could he possibly say to her right now. Anxiousness began to consume her thoughts. They had been dating for a few weeks now, their first date feeling like yesterday. Since then, it's almost like she'd floated on cloud nine. Being with Jaebum was more than just a fleeting crush, she constantly thought of him even when he wasn't around and whenever he was, her world shined ten times brighter. She had absolutely no doubt that he felt the same as her. Jaebum wasn't one to hold back on his affections as well as voicing his feelings making her feel secure in their connection.

"You know we've been dating for quite some time, and I'll be honest I wasn't exactly looking for anything after everything-" Jaebum paused as a tinge of hesitation displayed in his face. That's when Nala met his eyes again almost reassuringly.