Chapter 20 - Heat

Mature Scene in the second part of the chapter; read at your own risk babies.

********************************************

My world tilted on its axis.

Surely, she was lying. 

I was told, by none other than my own wolf, that I would shift only when I needed my wolf and my PureBlood the most. That phenomenon was supposed to be a rare occurring and I was supposed to be an abnormal hybrid. Now that it already happened, I realized I wasn't there to witness my first shift.

I thought the day I would be shifting would be a life and death situation, but this was definitely not. I shifted because I saw my other mate and I was confused and angry.

Adrian knew about it, and probably that was why he was asking me how I was feeling. I should've realized this before - I should've tried to reach my inner girls. No wonder I couldn't feel them so much anymore and they were so quiet.

It felt bad, too, I didn't like how I was not suffering along with them - well, I was, but it was not the same.

Why didn't Adrian say anything about this? And first of all - why did I shift? What was so important about that time that I was forced to shift?

"Why...when?" I fumbled, "How...how did that happen?"

"You..." She looked at me with wide eyes, her face slowly losing the color it had suddenly gained, "I believe you saw your mate," she gulped, "your other mate."

"I guess..." I said and nodded at her.

"When we entered the MoonLine you were fast asleep, but then you suddenly started twitching and jerking in Alpha King's lap and we had to stop the car before you injured yourself." She took in a deep breath, "I have seen terrible things, Luna, but never have I been so terrified before. Alpha King immediately stepped out of the car with you in his arms. You were screaming, Luna Moon; the whole Wolf Kingdom could feel that you were in pain. Alpha Adrian looked helpless, and so much in pain." She shivered, as if the scene was still playing right in front of her eyes. "And then you shifted - your bones cracking and rearranging, the fur replacing your skin."

The way she was narrating the entire incident, it terrified me. I remember reading in stories that shifting was a scary process for the first time, but I never thought that my shifting would take place at such a time and affect so many people.

"Your wolf - I don't know what to call it - it was something I had never seen before. We were just grateful that you didn't shift before the Weres because no one else knows that you have a PureBlood in you. Luna Liana had started crying the moment you started screaming - we all had. You fainted moments after you shifted and shifted back to your human form. Then, we brought you here."

I don't know what reflected on my face then, "I...I don't remember any of that happening."

"It's alright," she gave me a small reassuring smile, "It happens to a lot of us when we shift for the first time. The pain is so excruciating that more often than not, we are not aware of what happened to us."

I scratched my head, "I'm sorry for the trouble. I was kind of looking forward to my first shift, you know; I wanted to know what I look like." It was disappointing how I couldn't see my own form.

"Beautiful," she grinned, "Even though I was terrified at first, your hybrid is extremely beautiful -  definitely befitting a Luna Queen."

I smiled at her, pride rising inside me.  I wish I could ask for more but I wanted to see my form on my own.