Chapter 34 - Rescue

It took me a whole week to start standing on my own without any support.

I was still very much weak and couldn't run and prance around. I couldn't talk to the voices inside my head - they were dormant. I had already stopped hearing Celeste's voice - it was like she had become one with me and if she had some opinions different than mine, she just struggled to take over my body. As I had grown closer with Cynthia, the same had started happening with her, and it was like three different pieces of my soul were becoming one. No matter how wonderful it had been, I had been missing the feeling of talking to someone about my problems.

It wasn't just about talking, though. I couldn't feel them inside me, too, which made it more difficult for me to cope with the situation.

I didn't want to talk to Aiden - in fact, I was avoiding him as much as I could while living under the same roof as him. I didn't know at all how to behave around him.

I wasn't even helping him with the chores, and he was doing everything for me. He helped me bathe everyday and it was embarrassing every time to see him tending to my needs - it included taking me to the bathroom and waiting till I finished.

I felt extremely useless, because I was not doing anything - not even something for myself. I couldn't even escape or at least get myself to call out for help. All I could do was slowly get used to the routine I was currently in, where I was solely dependent on Aiden to feed me, bath me and take me to the damn fucking toilet.

All I could do was sleep, sleep, mope a little and sleep some more.

I couldn't even bring myself to feel frustrated about it - I was so tired all of the time that I was forced to let my guard down and not care about if he poisoned me in my sleep or if he sunk his fangs in me and sucked out all of my blood.

"How do you feel today?" Aiden's voice came through the doors. "Feeling any better?"

I shook my head, "No," now on talking terms with him, "I don't feel much better than yesterday, but much stronger than how I was feeling when we came here first."

At this, there was no concern in his voice - he simply didn't care if I was feeling stronger or not. In fact, he just wanted to make sure that I was so weak that I won't escape.

"It's alright, love." Aiden kissed my forehead and hugged me, "I'm here for you till you need me and I'll never tire of you. You'll definitely get better soon."

Liar.

I nodded into his chest, wrapping my arms around him. He was my only source of comfort at the moment, and I selfishly wanted to use everything he was giving. If I was not going to be able to ever get out of here, I could at least remain positive about my situation, or get the best out of it.

What was surprising; he didn't force himself on me, neither had he talked about the mating rituals ever since we came here. I also threw tantrums many times, just so he could get mad at me and  send me away but he never raised his voice against me. It was like his patience had no limit when it came to me.

Reluctantly, I was starting to grow softer towards my handsome mate. Talk about Stockholm Syndrome.

I wished desperately that I wasn't so weak. I had no control when it came to Adrian and now I had no control when it came to Aiden. I didn't understand why - even though both the men didn't do a thing to be deserving of my attention in this way. Adrian only kept seducing and disrespecting me while keeping Delia with him and Aiden had lied to me all the time when he had my parents in the dungeon and was draining them of their energy and blood.

"When, Aiden?" I asked him, "It's been a week. My body has not recuperated yet. There's no significant progress. I just thought it would take two or three days. This looks like this is going to take an entire fucking year!"