Bloody Moon

I stayed crouched, staring hard at the buck in front of me. They were young, not the weakest of their heard. But they had wandered a good distance, giving me an opening to strike.

They glanced in my direction, but did not see me. Of course they didn't, I was smaller than the other Timber werewolves of my pack. My prey would be looking straight over my head.

Just as they turned their head away, I pounced.

I dug my teeth deep into their soft thigh, But soon found this to be a mistake. The young buck reared up and kicked their back legs trying to throw me off.

They hit my back leg, and I bit down harder in reaction. But the second kick landed in my ribs, knocking the wind out of me.

I coughed, finally letting go and fell to the ground as the animal ran off.

When I regained my air I coughed again with a pout. I'd already caught a buck earlier, a smaller one that would keep me fed for at least a few days. But I'd become over confident.

I shook my fur as I started after the small trail of blood the buck had left. No sense wasting the animal, though I doubt it would die, my teeth weren't the sharpest and the wound probably wasn't the worst thing they'd gone through. Hopefully though, it slowed them down, now maybe I could keep up and get a bite at their neck.

Taking a deep breath, I started off again until another smell reached my nose. It bit at my senses bitterly and I snapped my head up in the direction it was coming from.

Wolf blood, with a hint of human, an injured werewolf directly to my left.

My eyes dilated as I focused on the smell and darted towards it. The blood was still fresh, meaning that they were either freshly dead, or simply injured.

The scent was somewhat faint however, which was a good sign. This meant that there probably wasn't too much blood.
When I came to the source of the smell, the snow in the area was kicked up in a sort of messy circle. Someone had been fighting, the reason of which, I wasn't very sure. Staying away from the pack had a tendency to keep me behind on a lot of news.

Either way, the victor of the fight had walked away, leaving the defeated wolf to die. But while studying the tracks, I discovered that they weren't dead. At least they weren't a few moments ago.

Their bloody trail led farther into the forest. They must have wandered off in a dizzy state, which was dangerous in this cold.

I followed the trail, running at minimum speed to make it easier for me to keep track of where I was. It would do little good if I got lost while trying to locate the injured wolf.

When I found him, he was passed out, his wound buried in the snow. Perhaps not the brightest idea but the icy cold slowed the blood flow.

Cautiously, I nudged them with my snout, making sure they were still alive. They twitched before the wolf turned and snapped at me. I backed up quick enough, but they nipped my nose.

I frowned at them, though I guess I couldn't blame them. They didn't know who I was and for all they knew, I could have been about to eat them.

As I examined them my frown deepened. They were Eurasian, and a fair bigger size than me. That would make carrying them impossible, I could try dragging them, but that would probably hurt them more than help.

Quickly, I ran back to my cabin. It wasn't hard to find my wood sled, something I used to haul timber.

I ran back feeling a bit like a dog, pulling the sled like I was, but it if it worked, it worked. When I came back, the wolf's eyes had closed and refused to open again, even when prodded.

I bit the scuff of their neck to avoid hurting them and dragged them into the sled. I tried my best to keep the ride smooth, but there were times that the wolf nearly fell off, back into the snow.

Eventually, we made it back to my home. I shifted back to my human form and opened the door before somehow getting this large wolf inside.

I had to keep him on the floor, since in my human form, I wasn't strong enough to even lift him up more than a few inches. Still, I set a pillow under their head and wrapped their wounds. He had quite a few; several bites along his front legs, a scratch along the side of his face, barely behind his eye, and a large wound along his chest, it wasn't fatal, but he'd lost quite a bit of blood.

Luckily, he would heal much better than any regular wolf would have. I managed to get a few extra blankets and got him closer to the fire place. This was to keep him from being stepped on later, and also to warm him up.

I placed the blankets over him, keeping his head out in the open so he wouldn't suffocate.

After that, I took a look at myself.

My hands and arms were covered in blood, and a trail of blood lead out my door. My sled was practically covered in it also.

"Guess resting will have to wait." I hummed as I went to the sink and pulled off my coat.

I washed my skin, then left my coat to soak for a few minutes. While that was happening, I cleaned the floor of my cabin.

After my coat was done and could be dried, I put it in the drier and then went outside to clean my sled. Luckily there wasn't a lot of blood in the snow, but if anyone tracked him, they would surely find him. However, I think that who ever was a threat to him believes him to be dead.

When I came back inside, I was shivering from cold, but satisfied. That is until I saw the pile of blankets near the fire and no wolf huddled inside of them.