3.

"How did it get out? What does this do to the annulment?" Tyler rubs his face as I sit next to him, handing his phone back

"How did it get out? What does this do to the annulment?" Tyler rubs his face as I sit next to him, handing his phone back. "It makes everything way more complicated. We were supposed to go to a court house and get it annulled, but now we can't if there's just going to be press there." "It'll look bad for you." "And you. Apparently your mom is world renowned." "Was. She died a couple years ago with Alzheimer's. She didn't even remember or realize that my sister and I weren't five anymore." He grabs my hand, "Sorry." I shake my head, "Don't be. She wasn't a woman who should've been a mother. She hated that I wanted to be a surgeon. Better yet when my sister decided to become a surgeon. Told us we'd never amount to the things she did. But she was still mom. Just having the same last name as her puts a whole bunch of expectations on your shoulders, but she was a general surgeon so the fact I decided on pediatrics took a whole load off of mine. My sister, not so much. But she deals. So this whole thing doesn't affect my reputation at all. I've always been the daughter that's done the opposite of what I was supposed to." "But you're still someone who saves lives, so that's gotta amount to something right?" "I guess. But you're someone who can break girls hearts with a couple notes on a guitar." Tyler laughs, "Oh you definitely broke a couple thousand girls hearts by being seen leaving a chapel with me. Even the article said you're beautiful." I smile before laughing, "I can't believe it called you hunky." I can't hold my laughter in and soon Tyler's laughing along with me. When we stop I notice his face gets serious, "What's wrong?" "This was supposed to be like my last hurrah. I was going to go out and be a party boy before getting serious. You read that article I'm a ladies man by reputation. I was supposed to start changing that. When people find out this marriage was just a drunken mistake, it'll always be held over my head and I'll never get rid of that label." I watch as he falls back still holding my hand, making me think.

"What if no one found out it was a drunken mistake?" "What do you mean?" I turn facing him, leaving one leg hanging off the bed. "I may have looked into you before the convention. It said you were taking a break to write for your next album. We play it off as love at first sight or we met a while ago and started talking here and there, and we wanted a small ceremony. We stay married for a while, we go back and forth between Seattle and Nashville show each other around as friends but no one else will know that. If anyone asks why we never mentioned the other we can just say we wanted to keep it quiet until we actually started something. Sign prenups and after a while we divorce saying our schedules became too much for us. With you and your music and my work schedule it'll make sense, we could say it was putting pressure on us and we decided to separate as friends. Shows you have no problem commiting to a relationship." Tyler looks at me, "How did you come up with all of that so quickly?" I shrug, "I'm a surgeon, I come up with a lot of things quickly." I watch as Tyler looks at me before pulling me down with him making me squeal in surprise, "Are you sure you'd want to do that? You don't have to just to save my reputation." I look at him and push the slightly shaggy hair out of his face, "I'm half of the drunken reason we got married. I can at least help you get out of a bad situation." He pulls me closer into a full hug, "Thank you darling." I smile in content from the warmth he's providing, "Why are you so warm?" He laughs when I snuggle closer, "Why are you always so cold?" "Anemic. Diagnosed as a kid, even though I take vitamins it doesn't really help that I always feel cold."

Hours later I'm freshly showered and dressed. We've been hanging around the room just getting to know each other better in case someone decides to ask us questions about each other.  Suddenly Tyler sits up from the spot he's been laying in, "You leave tomorrow right?" "Yeah. Tomorrow morning." He smiles at me making me confused, "You're going to a show tonight." "You didn't forget your husband is a singer right?" I roll my eyes, "You forget your wife didn't even know who you were when we met. Let alone a famous country singer." "Hurt my soul why don't you." I smile and shake my head from my spot on the floor next to my suitcase, where I'm slowly packing my clothes.

"Tell me about your family." I look up, "What do you want to know?" He shrugs, "Anything. What is everyone like?" "Uh Meredith's my twin and I guess we're very similar. There's Lexie and Molly. I don't really know Molly. But Lexie is a surgeon too so I got to know her." "So Molly's your sister but you don't really know her? How does that work?" I shrug, "My mom pushed my dad out of our lives and he started a new family. My mom made it seem like my dad didn't want us so we never tried to find him. We were at work when Molly came in pregnant. She was a patient and it's going to sound really weird when I say it but before my brother in law married my sister he was married to another surgeon who was Molly's doctor. And that's how we met. We didn't meet Lexie until she started her intern year." "Okay so Meredith is your full sister who's also a surgeon. There's Molly who you don't really know. And Lexie who's a surgeon too." I nod, "Derek is Meredith's husband. He's a surgeon too." "So I just married into a family of surgeons then." I nod laughing, "Yeah. You really don't know what you got yourself into. Lexie's dating Mark, who's Derek's best friend and a surgeon." Tyler throws his head back making me chuckle as I stand up and climb onto the bed. He turns his head looking at me, "Any other surgeons I should know about?" I laugh, "You realize I work in a hospital right? I'm surrounded by surgeons all day. There's Alex who's like a brother, Jackson. Richard is like a father figure. There's Owen, April. Cristina is Meredith's best friend. Miranda, Callie, Arizona. And a whole bunch of other people I'm probably forgetting." "So I'm going to be surround by people who have access to medical equipment that could kill me." I shrug, "They'll only kill you if you do something bad to me. I think Owen still has friends in the military who'll help hide your body." I laugh when Tyler groans. I look at the time, "Come on rockstar, you gotta get ready for your show." "I'm good to go in this. Are you ready or do you want to change?" I look down at my outfit and shrug, "I think I'm fine in this."

"You're more than fine

"You're more than fine." I roll my eyes and push his head, "Sweet talker." Tyler laughs and grabs my hip pulling me close, "What kind of husband would I be if I didn't sweet talk my wife?" I roll my eyes, "A normal one?"