Chapter 40 ~ Stirring

They were manifesting, taking shape. I could feel it. All it needed was a bit more... effort.

   A slight grunt of effort leaves me while my hands scrunch into tight fists. My knees bend and muscles tense. My form is pushed back by the sudden surge of energy that exited my body. The logic in my head of what the energy needed to become leaves with it, like a code. Nevertheless, one was not enough. I do not require a legion, but instead two compeers. Though I cannot say they are equals... they will still have more than enough power to serve their purpose and aid me with my mission.

   With this, I take another step back, duplicating myself again. The Phantom Ruby glows in my chest while the encryptions of thoughts leave with the animation.

   Subsequently the two began to mold from what was a strange flicker of light. The first was a deep violet, the other was a pure and bright orange that was slightly displeasing to the eye.

   The purple thing was doubled over on the floor, they were misshapen, physically deformed and not how any Mobian should look. My shoulders straighten with patience, my chin raises high. The orange amalgamation of commands had an entirely different shape at the moment. It seemed to be only pieces and perfectly rectangular shapes of what a living thing should be. It kept glitching, never staying as one full body at once.

   My gaze wanders back to the violet sludge with barely the basic shape of a set of shoulders. It was darkening as it seemed to harden, raising slowly from the floor. It seemed to be molding itself, slowly the silhouette of a faceless black head taking shape. It looked down at what would soon be an arm, then a set of sharp nailed fingers.

   The orange glitching thing seemed to be adjusting its body to a less harsh colour, desaturating. The glitches became less common though they maintained their bright dangerous orange. They were a canine, with a long tail and sharp jagged lines for the details on their body.

   The black thing touches its face, a pale muzzle and pair of eyes forming. Two devil hornlike ears form, pointing back away like in a constant aggressive way. A pale grey iris forms in one socket, while their right was a black pit of darkness. A fiendish grin grows across their face, sharp teeth filling their large mouth. Their chest had a large scar appear, it was like a heart, but it was too angular to be. The three points were far too sharp and sudden.

   The other "jackal" had become whole enough to identify. They had a scar in their own torso. It was similar to the other's, but only it was upside-down and had an extra point on the end. Perhaps the scar was the wrong way up to represent their "psychotic" mind. I cannot say I am not surprised. Their eyes manifest, the bright orange eyes don't have any pupils, it's a simple black ring.

   Hm, truly perfect, I thought. Not faultless to other's standards—or my own—but it is exactly how I designed them to be. It seems so anyway. Though their appearance was not entirely my making, mostly "genetics" I suppose you could call it, it was their personalities and purposes that needed to be put to the test. If they were how they were meant to be then they would be flawless in terms of what they need to accomplish. Each one has a responsibility, a burden they will take care of; an area of experience.

   The demon like thing places a hand on his hip, the bone easily visible with his skeletal body—though his torso and arms seemed quite muscular. A smile grows on their face, seeming to know who I was already.

   I look to the other. Though they twitched every few moments along with the glitches, he still had a smile. A disturbing one. Which meant it would terrify mortals.