Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter 14.

My mom was dying. I wasn't really listening to what Ryan was saying anymore, but I could just hear those words being said over and over again my in mind.

Although she wasn't the best mom, she was still my mom. She never did stick up for me, but then again, she never really did contribute to any of the abuse. She was one of the kindest people there to me, despite the fact that I hadn't shifted yet. And honestly, I missed her a little.

But that didn't mean that I was going to forget everything they'd put me through when I was there.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Daniel knocked the door and walked in seconds after. I could tell that it was Daniel, even before he entered the room, because of his scent, which I could smell even behind the door.

I had a very strong sense of smell and great hearing, better than most werewolves, so it wasn't that hard to know it was Daniel.

"Is everything okay in here Soph?" he asked me, his eyes flickering over to Chase, who was standing in front of Nicole slightly, in a defensive position, while Ryan had his arms wrapped protectively around Becca's waist.

"Yes, we were just talking," Ryan replied politely, "May I ask, who are you?"

"Daniel. Daniel Woods, Alpha of The Shadow Moons," he answered curtly.

"I am Ryan Campbell, Beta of Blue Moon pack, and this is my mate Rebecca. That is Chase Carter, our Alpha and his mate Nicole," Ryan said, little did he know how angry he was getting Daniel with each one of his words.

Daniel was a kind and funny person in general, well after he starts getting used to you. But he could be a very angry Alpha if he wanted to, and trust me, nobody wants to face his wrath.

"Soph, are they the people that ruined your life?" he asked me slowly, with so much anger in his eyes. He didn't need me to say anything because my eyes said it all. My once bright silver bluish eyes were now a darker shade of grey, which held so much anger and pain. My wolf wanted nothing more than to rip Chase's arms off of Nicole, but I blocked her off.

Danny was always the type of person who stuck up for people he considered family, no matter what. Even if he had to sacrifice his life, he'd do it without another blink. He thought of me as his little sister, so right now- with him knowing everything about my past- saw them as threat and danger to me.

"What are talking about?! These are the nicest people I have ever met in my whole life!" Becca said, defending her pack and her mate.

I snorted. Nicest people she's ever met?

Ryan had his head down as if he was ashamed of what he'd done to me. Could he be regretting this? No, of course not. This was Ryan, the one who made me feel worthless every single day of my life. Chase had a pained expression on his face, and his eyes showed nothing but regret and sorrow.

Daniel looked even madder now, if that was even possible and as he was about to say something, the door burst open and Christy ran in, with tears in her eyes.

Daniel immediately ran to her side, checking for any injuries. Sobbing loudly now, Chirsty began, "C-Charis, she started coughing blood, and she fainted."

Charis, my baby? Blinking the tears away quickly, I shouted, "Where's my baby?"

"S-she's in your dressing room. S-someone's called the a-ambulance," she replied.

Ignoring Ryan's and Chase's questions, I ran out the room to find my baby. I saw her on the floor in the dressing room, with Emma and Claire beside her, trying to talk to her, while Mark was shouting at the crew to get the ambulance to get here quicker.