Chapter Forty One

Word Count: 1682

¬Rosie

It feels good to be in my mates arms like this, after all this waiting.

There's no way Time isn't feeling this too. As he's pressed against me, lips still firmly against mine, I can feel the heat coming from him in waves, his scent so familiar, sparking a fire inside me that I've been trying to hold down ever since I suspected Time didn't have any interest in me in that way. Now that I know he's been holding back on my account, I suddenly want him more than ever.

Like the space between our bodies, the kiss heats up, to the point where excitement bubbles up inside me, as I anticipate where this is going. Unable to stop myself, I press my hand against his chest, keeping his back against the bed, I climb on top of him.

He does seem surprised, as his hands delve beneath my shirt, feeling from my hips to my waist to my ribs, where they find their tentative stop.

And then he pulls away.

"If this is going to happen now, I want you not here, where my brother is right next door, possible searching through your mind. Let me take you elsewhere," I'm says softly through the dark, his fingers caressing my side with such precision and certainty it makes me shiver. I can't see his face, but I know he is looking at me as I linger on top of him.

For a moment, I forget about his abilities, becoming confused at the idea of him 'taking me elsewhere', until the world begins to disappear around us in a rush of wind and a variety of vivid colours that are there one moment, and gone the next.

As the wind settles, breath rushing back into my lungs, I release my squeezed eyelids, looking around to see where Time has taken me.

Light immediately shrouds my vision as I dare open my eyes.

A light breeze entwined with the most subtle scent of the sea greets me, alongside silken sheets that brush gently against my skin. We are in a large room with glass doors that have been pushed wide open, revealing a balcony outside and the most amazing view of a brilliantly blue sky and a calm ocean to match. Wherever we are, it's stunning.

Looking over, I see Time, who is staring at me over the view before us. He's shirtless, which must be how he sleeps. His torso seems to glow wonderfully under the beams of dappled sunlight that flicker through the gauzy net-curtains that billow soundlessly in the wind.

"Where are we?" I question. I've never seen a place like this, or felt this comfortable despite not knowing our location.

With Time I feel safe, wherever he decides to take me.

"Somewhere a few years from our present time. I want to make this special for you, not just in some dark room where I can't even see you," he says softly. My heart flutters, as I lean over to kiss him again, warmth spreading through me that can only be attributed to this moment. I'm happy, for once. Despite everything that has happened with my brothers, coming to this realm and finding out my mate is an immortal...I'm finally comfortable.

Holding my face, Time leans me back into the bed. Suddenly, his touch has my head spinning with dizziness, as he moves his hands back down my body, touching my skin with the most gentle touch, hardly touching me, but doing enough to elicit mind-numbing shivers.

Deciding I can't take it anymore, I push at his chest, and clamber atop him, pulling the dress I was so proud of off swiftly in one smooth movement.

I look down at him, smiling wickedly.

He really is beautiful. Underneath where my legs straddle his hips, his arms are splayed out, his hair mussed across the white pillow, highlighting the gold in his irises. Using the tips of my fingers to do some exploring myself, I run them along the planes of his chest, down over his abdomen, where they find their stop right at the base of his pants.