27| grease

PART ONE OF DOUBLE UPDATE!

BLINKING A COUPLE times, I stretch and groan quietly.

I don't want to wake up.

"Morning, pumpkin."

Looking at the sleepy figure beside me, I shoot up in my bed.

I'm momentarily distracted by his messy curls, bleary eyes, and raspy morning voice, but I quickly recover and demand, "What are you doing here?"

Sam yawns, rubbing his eyes with the heel of his hands. "Trying to wake up, but it isn't as peaceful as I'd hoped. I thought maybe you'd hug me and tell me how well you slept cause I was here."

"You being here is the problem!" I whisper roughly, climbing out of bed and checking over myself.

I've woken up without a shirt when I went to bed with one, I've woken up and my retainer somehow ended up back in their container without any memory of me putting it back.

It's kinda scary to wake up without any time to prepare beforehand, half-asleep Maddie is a dangerous and reckless person.

Thankfully, I'm fully clothed this time.

"Why is it a problem to wake up next to your lovely boyfriend?"

"Because, Sam! What about your parents? And my brothers?" I ramble, wringing my hands nervously.

"Mads, bubba, come here. I sorted everything out already." He smiles sleepily, opening his arms to me.

Tentatively walking back to the bed, I sit on the foot of it. "What do you mean?"

"After you fell asleep, I texted your brothers and asked if I could crash here, and they said that was fine, so I told my parents I was staying here, and they were cool with it too. And here we are." He answers, still motioning for me to come lay with him.

"Oh." I crawl over to him, laying down in his arms and putting my head on his shoulder.

"How did you sleep?" He kisses the top of my head, pulling the covers over me again.

"Good," I shrug, stretching.

"Only good?"

I laugh, rolling my eyes.

"You talk in your sleep." He observes, twisting me on my side so he can see me, tucking my messy hair behind my ear. 

"Do not." I shake my head, scowling.

"Yes you do. Most of what you say is nonsense, but it was enough to wake me up cause I thought you were talking to me." He smirks, booping me, which I've noticed he does a lot.

"What did I say? You know, that wasn't nonsense?"

His smirk turns into a full-blown grin as he says, "Well, it was mostly about how amazing and handsome I am. I'm pretty sure there was something about me being sexy too-"

"I did not!" I cut him off, gaping.

"Yes you did!"