35| boxers

SAM

"I'VE NEVER BEEN so hot in my entire life," I groan, watching Maddie walk across the room and flop on my bed.

"Drama queen." Maddie chimes in, stretching her arms above her head and laying like a starfish, a smile on her freckled face.

"Who said that onesies were a good idea?" I unzip it, pulling the sticky sleeves off my arms and kicking the whole thing off.

That thing is a damn death trap, made to kill you from perspiration.

As I walk over to join her on the bed, I notice how her relaxed posture has stiffened majorly and her eyes are wide.

"What?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

Her face flushes. "You are uh- you're only wearing boxers."

I glance down at myself and realize that I am, in fact, only wearing boxers.

Shit.

"Sorry, bubba, I'll change really quick, I just usually sleep in boxers." I blurt out, my face heating up as I fumble for some clothes.

"N-no it's fine, I just um, I just thought I'd tell you." She scans over me as she stumbles for words, her eyes lingering on my chest and stomach.

"So is it okay if I stay in just these? Or do you want me to put some pants or a shirt on?" I ask, watching her curiously.

She looks distracted. And like she's thoroughly enjoying the view.

"It's okay, I guess." She shrugs, finally meeting my gaze before blushing furiously and staring at the wall.

"I'll throw some sweatpants on,"

"No, it's fine!" She blurts out, waving me off, and I can't fight the smirk that comes over my face.

"Are you sure?" I ask, and she nods.

"It's fine, it's okay, I don't mind." She nods again.

This is definitely inflating my ego.

Flicking the lights off, the room only being illuminated by my small bedside lamp, I walk over and crawl under the blankets.

She lets me put my head on her chest, twisting our hands together, and I close my eyes with a sleepy smile on my face.

"Can I borrow a hoodie?"

Glancing up at her, she cracks an embarrassed smile.

"It's always really warm when we sleep in the same bed, throw in this onesie and it feels like the pits of hell." She says, making me laugh and nod.

"Sure," I reply, kissing her cheek and pushing myself off the bed.

I feel her eyes on me as I go through my closet, digging around for one of my smaller hoodies.

"Enjoying the view?" I ask, turning around with a plain baby blue hoodie in my hands.

She glares at me, turning her eyes to her lap and ignoring the comment.

"I mean, I told you, I'm a damn sight to behold," I smirk, stalking over to the bed and leaning over her.

She still won't look at me.

"Want it or not?" I ask, leaning down to kiss the corner of her mouth.

She shoves my chest, pushing me out of the way and tugging it out of my hands.

I grin and flop on the bed, watching her storm out of the room.

She's so freaking cute when she's pissed, like some angry little teddy bear.