Chapter 9. A Reunion to Never Forget.

~No one's P.O.V~

Hiccup was resting ever so peacefully on a ledge in the dragon sanctuary, his green eyes barely closed and his brown hair getting ruffled by the breeze from the dragons beating their wings.

"Hiccup!" A voice sounded far away, Y/n had shouted after him from one of the tunnels, Shadow showing her the way to go.

"Hiccup!" Said boy opened his eyes upon recognizing the voice, he quickly pushed himself up into a sitting position with his arms.

Looking over his leather covered shoulder, a relieved smile covered his pink lips after seeing Y/n at the opening of the tunnel.

Shadow looked around, hearing Toothless grumble, she came over to him. Joining his relaxation.

"Y/n!" Hiccup stood up, dusting his pants off as he made his way to Y/n. Once she was close enough, he engulfed her in a tight hug, pulling away slightly.

"Why did you leave? Are you okay? Did something happen?" He asked, one hand leaving her waist to tilt her head to the side, looking for injuries.

Y/n giggled, Hiccup could be such a caring person, too caring at times like now.

"Did the fall hurt? Does it hurt somewhere? W-Why are you laughing?" Hiccup asked, his eyes never stopping his quest of looking for injuries.

"I'm fine, Hiccup." She told him softly, taking the hand cupping her chin in hers with a gentle hold, "Really."

"Oh, thank Thor." He sighed in relief. The hold on Y/n's hand tightening slightly.

"Y/n..." He started nervously, his thumb caressing her hand, "You don't have to tell me why you left all of a sudden." He told her in a soft tone, licking his lips, "I just want to make sure you know.. That if you need someone to talk to, I'm... Right here." Hiccup lowered his head a little to her, "Okay?"

She nodded, "Okay. Yeah, I know." She said, nodding her her head a couple of times.

"Good." Hiccup muttered, his green eyes shifting down to Y/n's lips. A thing Hiccup knew he shouldn't have done.

He ever so slowly let go of her hand, moving his hand to press against her cheek, the other one still placed on her waist, giving him more support to push himself towards her, and connect their lips.

His lips were firm against hers, but the kiss remained soft, gentle, slow. They held if for a few seconds, before their lips started to move in sync, slowly, as if cautious.

Hiccup exhaled through his nose, not wanting to let go. His entire body had been taken over by the overwhelming feeling of relief and longing, combined with eccentric panic, and lust.

He moved his hand from cheek to the back of her head, his fingers tangling in her (h/l), (h/c) hair, lightly pulling her into him, adding more pressure to their lips, deepening the kiss.

He felt Y/n's hands begin to slide up his chest and encircle his neck, finding their place on the back of his neck, playing with the ends of his hair. A smile grew on his face as it started to tickle, finally he pulled away, "God, it's been so long..." Hiccup trailed off, his breath taken away. Swallowing the salvia in his mouth before going in for another kiss.