( three. )

June buttoned her shorts , walking towards the mirror to look at herself

June buttoned her shorts , walking towards the mirror to look at herself. When she was satisfied she laid back down on her bed, waiting for Zach to come get her. He was taking an unusually long time and waiting for him was so boring.

She was excited about the party, wondering what kind of tourists she would meet and if anything interesting would happen at the party. But the thing she was most excited about was the beer. If there was beer she was there.

She pulled her shoes on and made her way down the stairs, stopping in front of the front door. She stood there for a few minutes before checking her watch again. He was taking forever to get there. After waiting another few minutes just standing there she finally heard the knock on the door. She opened it quickly and smiled when she saw Zach on the other side of the door. 

"What took you so  long?"  She asked, stepping outside and closing the door behind her.  Zach followed behind her as she made her way to his truck but she soon realized what had taken him so long. Sitting in the bed of his truck was Sarah, Topper, and Kelce.

"I had to pick those guys up.  I figured we could all ride together." He said. She looked back at him with a forced smile.  She was not the biggest fan on Topper and Kelce and if Rafe was there she would have just turned around and went back inside. She really didn't mind Sarah though.

"Yeah makes sense." He opened her door for her, and she got in, sitting her purse in the seat beside her. June couldn't help the feeling of dread in her now that she knew that Topper and Kelce were going. She tried to get over it but it was just stuck there. She just knew something was gonna happen. Sarah stuck her head through the back window.

"Hey June." Sarah said. June turned her head and gave the girl a smile before looking at Zach who was starting the car. She looked at him for a minute, trying to catch his attention.

"No fighting tonight please." She said, gripping Zachs hand. He sighed before looking at her.

"I won't start any fights. But if those fucking Pogues start shit you better expect me to finish it." He said, gritting his teeth. She squeezed his hand and then pulled hers away.

"Promise me you won't fight tonight. Just walk away. For once I just want to have a good time. For once I just want to have a fight free night and forget about the Pogues and the Kooks shit." June said, looking out her window. He sighed again, louder this time before finally saying something.

"Fine I promise I won't get in or start any fights tonight. But the Pogues are what they are June. You can't change it." He said. June smiled and leaned over the arm rest to kiss his cheek, choosing to ignore his last comment. She really really didnt like the separation.