Run, Kylie

Hi, lovelies! I know I haven't updated new chapters this week and a lot of you had complained. I'm really sorry. If you have been reading my books for a while, you'll know that I never skip updates. I just have had so much on my plate this week and I feel bad about it. I have been spiralling down depression - worse this week - because of the medications my doctor has put me in. She warned me it will be one of the side effects. I'm really sorry, you guys. Every time I read your disappointed comments and messages, I feel bad. Please know that it has been hard on my part too. It has been a struggle. I'm really looking forward to updating today because I miss all your comments and votes so much! ❤ Anyways back to the story...

 I'm really looking forward to updating today because I miss all your comments and votes so much! ❤ Anyways back to the story

Kylie

Audrey decided to stay at the cabin for the weekend having cleared her schedule for the week. Although I'm pretty sure it included a lot more sweet-talk from her fiancé. It meant she's a softy when it comes to the man who was determined of his pursuit way back when she only cared about her Sassy. And it also meant, I get to curl up by the fireplace and do some reading.

Miles' delightful giggles snap me out of my train of thought. I smiled at the sight of Matthew playing with his nephew. Emma made a cooing noise against the baby's face. I let the two kept Miles from crying - because, by God, as much as I love to be around, I love it less when he's crying. It tears my heart apart. And there's my ears splitting too.

I left the living room, giving a backward glance at Matthew spoiling his nephew with kisses. I decided to make myself some tea, clueless that I was about to walk in on a different kind of kissing. A whole other level of kissing entirely.

Audrey was backed against the counter, her fingers delving deep into her fiancé's dark hair. Vren had his hands wrapped around her waist. They were too preoccupied to have notice anyone. Or anything at all.

Thank, God.

Sure, I've been on one of these situations before but that doesn't make it any less awkward.

I swallowed my gasp and pivot on my heels, running smack into a hard chest with a quiet oomf. Christian's arm draped around me to steady me.

"Careful," he whispers. His smile slipped when he sees the view that I deliberately shunned. "Oh, crap," he murmurs, then tugs me away to a corner.

I rub my eye. "We shouldn't have seen it."

"Don't worry about it. I doubt if they even noticed anything else." He chuckles.

A small laugh bubbled out of me. "Understatement."

"I want to give you something," he blurted all of a sudden.

I squint my eyes at him out of suspicion. "No preliminaries whatsoever. What are you up?"

"Come on. It's in my room." He grins boyishly.