Ch:34 The Best Laughter Dose

(Lea's P.O.V)

I blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice.

And then I glared.

"What do you think you're doing!?" I hissed at Sam with an incredulous look.

He grinned and made no move except to wiggle his brows at me. And I found my eyes inevitably travelling back down to see his amazing drool worthy muscles. He's 17 for fuck's sake!

I was very much aware of the furnace in my cheeks that was heating me up like red tomato soup. Gah!

I gave him a deathly look and willed my eyes not to stray. With a blank face, I stated, "Put a shirt on, you asshole."

Then I simply turned around and headed to the spread bed sheet on the grass. Sam's chuckle followed me and I rolled my eyes as I dropped on the sheet. I can't believe him..

'Him or his really toned body.....?' Nikita piqued and I shook my head to rid myself of such thoughts.

Even if every step was causing my legs to scream out of exhaustion I couldn't bring myself to regret this trip. I've been doing combat practice lately so much at the Headquarters that Basketball practice at school isn't even affecting me any more.

One thing I know is that our muscles need to be in shape always and with this mission I have to keep vigilant. Working out everyday to the point that my muscles scream leaves me exhausted for much needed studying but I know I can get by.

I've improved though, I know that and it's good enough along with the knowledge that it keeps my body toned and fit while self defends becomes stronger.

And boy am I glad I have at least something good. I'm betting I'm not the only one checking out the other here.

Oh yeah, I didn't miss Sam's gaze raking over my body in a fiery trail. I couldn't ignore the presence even if I had an iron will.

One thing I'm good at though is masking my emotions. Getting a reaction out of me is quite a feat. I can put a blank face up when I'm feeling too many emotions. I can act nonchalant when I'm caring too deeply instead. I can be playful when I'm just most serious in fact. That's something I've perfected over the years. The tells and the gives. It's a defends mechanisms I prefer to keep up. Despite everything I know u keep my heart closed. And not many people have the key to unlock it. I do. And maybe...maybe Sam is forging one too.

There aren't many tells I have and I know Sam is yet to be familiar with them. Being in the CIA is just a better proof of my masking skills. It's quite helpful. Except some natural reactions, I try my very best to control the rest.

And Sam's little stunt took me by real big surprise. I mean I'm really not someone who sees bare chested guys!! Especially ones that are nicely toned....

I took a breath to clear my head and reached out to take the duffel Sam brought to see what he got. I took the box of sandwiches out and then turned around with a question on my lips for Sam when my eyes landed on the shirt he pulled on.

I blink. Then I glare at him and his grin widens even more.

"You didn't think I'd forgotten about this, had you now?" He asked cheekily while motioning towards his white coffee stained shirt. There was big brown stain in the middle moving more towards the right of the shirt. It sorta gave him....a very.....disheveled look and he looked good. Even wearing the shirt I had spilled coffee on in that second chapter.

"Why the hell do you even have it?" I asked him feeling exasperated and embarrassed at the same time.

"Exactly for a moment like this. You know it's not everyday you see Lea Summers turning a shed of red." He teased and my jaw dropped.