model

(Your POV)

Inside the studio, people are buzzing all around in preparation for the photoshoot. Stylists finalize the looks, hair stylists spray cans of hairspray, and makeup artists apply the last bit of lipstick to my lips. In the far corner, the photographer is finishing setting up his camera.

I'm currently doing a photoshoot with Versace to promote their fall collection and I couldn't be more thrilled. It's been my dream to model for a designer brand ever since I got into modeling when I was younger. Now that it's finally happening, I couldn't be more excited.

I also couldn't be more nervous.

The other models here are so beautiful and naturally photogenic. I'm definitely feeling self-conscious around them.

I finally finish getting my hair and makeup done and I make my way over to the dressing area, where one of the stylists hands me my outfit for the shoot. It's a huge red coat and with a plaid skirt and shiny leather boots. They also give me a pair of huge sunglasses. Once I have the whole outfit on, I can definitely tell how expensive it is, and I feel awkward even wearing it. I couldn't ever afford this with my own money.

I wait around for the other models to get ready, mindlessly watching the people around me

I wait around for the other models to get ready, mindlessly watching the people around me. When everyone else is finally ready, we all stand in a line and wait for our individual shots. I notice that everyone else is part of a pair, meaning that they are matching outfits with another person. Except for me.

The photoshoot director is standing right in front of me, so I tap her on the shoulder to get her attention. She turns around quickly with a frantic smile on her face.

"What can I do for you? Is there a problem? Did something rip?" She asks hurriedly. I can tell how stressed she is.

"Oh, I was just wondering where my partner is. I noticed I'm the only one not matching with someone."

"Oh, no one told you?"

"Told me what...?"

"Your parter is the celebrity guest."

If I had water in my mouth, I would've spit it out. Celebrity guest? I'm relatively new to the modeling business, and definitely new to the designer brand modeling business. It usually takes years to work up to modeling with a celebrity. Why did I get partnered with them?

"Excuse me? But I'm brand new. Why am I with the celebrity? Shouldn't one of the more experienced models be with them?"

"He requested to be with you specifically," the director says with a smile.

"What? Who even is it?"

"Oh, some actor that all the young people are obsessed with. I think his name is Timothée Chalamet or something French and charming like that."

Again, if I had water in my mouth I'd spit it out. Timothée Chalamet? The Timothée Chalamet? I think I'm about to pass out. I've had a crush on him for so long. And he wants to be with me? How does he even know who I am?