Year 1-8 | Christmas

❝︎A girl like me? what's a girl like me?❞︎

Chapter 08: Christmas

"Are you going home?" Hermione asked as she finished closing up her stuff.

"No, My parents are busy with their ministry job and Fleur is in France. Gabrielle is being monitored by Madam Natalia every day so I don't want to bother."

"Who's Madam Natalia?"

"Our manners teacher. She's really strict about everything."

"A manners teacher! That must suck" She said furrowing her eyebrows as we head out to meet Harry and Ron and the great hall. They were playing Wizard chess, I remember playing it with Fleur. Mother thought chess was such an elegant game and made us all learn it.

"That's totally barbaric!" Hermione exclaimed as Ron's queen takes down Harry's knight.

"That's because it's wizards chess," Ron says

"I see you've packed."

"I see you haven't"

"Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to meet Charlie, he's studying dragons there."

"Good, now you can help Eve and Harry look through the library to find more information on Nicholas Flamel."

"We've been there hundreds of times!"

"Not in the restricted section," I replied sitting down beside Ron not looking up from my book. Hermione smiled at me and says "Happy Christmas" as she leaves.

"I think we have a bad influence on them." Ron turns to Harry.

"Sorry?" I said looking up.

"A girl like you asking to go to the restricted section!" Ron turns to face me.

"A girl like me? what's a girl like me?"

"You know? always so proper."

"Oh," I said looking back down to my book a little disappointed.

~***~

"Harry wake up! Come on Harry wake up!" I heard Ron screaming from downstairs and running. I got out of bed in my pajamas, the girls dormitories were completely empty, only I was there. I walked out to see Harry and Ron were wishing each other a happy Christmas in an empty common room.

"Happy Christmas Ron, Happy Christmas Harry," I said walking down towards the Christmas tree to see the stack of presents.

Harry opened one of his gift which came with a letter that read;

Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. use it well.

We all shrug at each other as Harry opens the packaging to reveal an antique-looking cloak. It was silky and it had a strange pattern on it.

"What is it?" Ron asked.

"Some kind of.. cloak," Harry replied examining it.

"Put it on, let's see it."

As he covers himself with the cloak, his body disappears leaving only his head. An invisibility cloak, a very rare thing to get.

"WOAH!" Ron exclaimed.

"My body's gone!" Harry exclaimed excitedly.

"Well, now you can use it to go to the restrictions sections to find anything about Nicholas Flamel," I said reaching for my gifts, a necklace from my parents and earrings from fleur. I was grateful of course, but the same thing every year.

"What?" I said noticing they were both staring at me in silence like I was a mad man. "Do you want me to come with you?"

"I can't get used to her saying that," Ron said.

"Rubbish," I rolled my eyes putting the gifts down putting the cloak over harry and I grabbing a lantern.

"You coming with?" I asked Ron who shakes his head very slowly narrowing his eyes.

"Fine by me," I muttered leading Harry out the common room and to the library.

We walked towards the restricted area in the library and took off the cloak to better look for a book about Nicholas Flamel. I searched through the books, past ones about all the dark magic, and pulled one out. Harry pulled one out too and slowly opened it. A white head suddenly popped out from the book he opened making a screaming noise startling me.

"Who's there?" I heard Filch mutter. Harry quickly grabbed his cloak and pulled me towards him knocking off the lantern which cracks letting out a loud noise. I gasped as I felt Harry's hands over my mouth. I looked over and saw Filch who was now in the library, he couldn't see us though.

We began to walk towards the exit of the library very slowly and out running through the corridors only to be stopped by Snape pinning Quirrell to the wall. Harry started to breathe loud anxiously and Snape turned around sharply. I quickly covered his mouth as Snape reached out for the cloak. I could feel my body tensing up and my heart beating faster. His hands getting closer and closer to the cloak but missing by an inch. Uninterested, Snape turns back to Quirrell interrogating him. Then, Filch comes out of the library showing Snape the lantern that was still hot, alerting him of a student out of bed. Snape turned around and leaves leaving Harry and I alone.

"Let's get back to the common room Harry," I said only to realize him walking towards a mirror, a very big and fancy one.

"Evelyn look, it's my parents," he said pointing at the mirror. I looked into the mirror to see just Harry and I, it was just a regular mirror.

"Don't you see it? Here now look again" He stepped aside and only then I saw myself flying on a broom.

"I only see myself flying on a broom Harry," I told him. He looks at me puzzled, as so was I. I didn't understand what this mirror was showing me. I examined the mirror thoughtfully and noticed engraved words on the back. Latin, it read; I show your desire, that makes sense why Harry saw his parents and... I guess why I saw myself flying. I looked to see Harry looking ever so closely in the mirror. I didn't want to break the news to him, just yet.

"Harry we should really head back," I said.

"I'll meet you there, I want to stay here for a bit," he said. Understandable, if I saw my dead parents in the mirror then I'd never want to leave too.m. I nod and start walking back towards the dormitories and head to sleep.

On the way, I saw Professor Dumbledore walking down the corridors and towards Harry. If he were to go there right now, he'd find Harry and the strange mirror. I know Harry wouldn't get in trouble, so I kept walking. Rather, Professor Dumbledore will help him get away from the mirror.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)