Shell Cottage

I'm so sorry for this chapter. Also, don't worry. This isn't the end of the story.

❝︎Don't make promises if you
can't keep them❞︎

Shell Cottage

I slowly opened my eyes inside a cozy room wearing a pair of blue satin pajamas. My stomach had an extremely uncomfortable feeling. It felt stiff but not too painful. I remembered everything that happened, how Bellatrix's blade stabbed my stomach. Harry's desperate screams and cries holding me in his arms as if he had just lost everything- even though I'd done something horrible.

"Good morning Evelyn," Fleur said from the side of my bed sitting on an armchair.

"Where am I- What happened?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"You're alive, I can tell you that. Luckily the blade was small and didn't leave a life threatening impact on you. If it had hit someone smaller like Dobby, I wouldn't have been able to help. You guys apparated in front of our house. You're in your own room Bill and I saved for you."

"Harry- Where's Harry? Did he leave?"

"No. He comes to check on you everyday and sleeps in here every night on this armchair."

"How long have I been out for?"

"About three days?"

"Merlin," I muttered under my breath sitting straight up wincing from the pain in my stomach.

"Don't get up. You're body's exhausted. Speaking of, what led you to be by yourself?"

"...How far would you go to save Bill's life, even for a moment?" I said looking away in guilt. "I'd go as far as murder. I just felt... Like the need to do it. Maybe it was just the heat of the moment, maybe it was the locket, maybe it was my consciousness deep down, but I broke his wand Fleur. I snapped in half so he won't be able to fight Voldemort anymore."

"You want my honest opinion?"

"Yes."

"That's just selfish."

"Thanks," I muttered feeling slight tears form in my eyes.

"But it was cruel for Harry to leave you in the midst of danger. Look what happened to you after he kicked you out."

"I deserved it."

"Both of you are in a lot of fault. Although, I'd blame you for the whole situation."

"He broke up with me. It's over."

"Is that why he came to your room everyday to check on you? He looked so guilty everyday and he was having a complete meltdown when you apparated. It was terrifying. I thought he too was dying. You're lucky you weren't there. I think I'll have nightmares for weeks."

"Well what am I supposed to do?"

"That's for you to figure out, not me. Take your shirt off, I need to replace your bandages," She said taking out a fresh roll of bandages. I sighed swallowing back the tears and unbuttoned my shirt to reveal bloody bandages wrapping around my stomach. "Love makes you do things you'd never imagined to do Ev," She said unwrapping the bloody bandages and revealing a nasty wound.

"Don't call me Ev," I scoffed, immediately regretting it and wincing in pain.

"Right because only Harry can call you that."

"You know, if you don't want to change the bandages then I can do it myself," I said out of embarrassment.

"Be patient Evelyn," she said wrapping a fresh pair of bandages around my stomach. It hurt a lot but it was nothing like the pain I felt back in the Malfoy Manor. Both mental and physical pain. "All done. Stay in bed. I'll come get you for breakfast," she said walking outside leaving the door slightly open. I sat still for a bit remembering every bit of detail back in the Malfoy Manor. How Apolline didn't even care, how Draco looked at me, him ripping through every part of my memories yet still lying. I took a deep breath and started to button up my shirt again, promising myself to never look back to that memory.