of learning and teaching

oft times, fear comes from things we are too afraid to understand

sufficient it is to learn and discover a world unknown

M A D D I E

I was walking with Megan to visit the rogues and I could notice how nervous she was.

"I'm a bit scared Maddie, but I will try not to." she says making me smile.

Megan has been with me ever since we came here and kept her promise to our parents. I learned that she also came here sometimes during the summer time for the training of the future Alphas and warriors and when I couldn't keep her company, she had other acquaintances that she knew.

Unfortunately, Cassian and I weren't able to be with her the whole time as we were taking care of our own affairs.

Speaking of Cassian, I had no idea how much of a ladies man he was!

The amount of times I caught this guy with different girls is quite amazing. Whenever I asked what's his relationship with them, he could never give me a straight answer and that made me more suspicious of him.

Megan and I finally arrive at our destination and everyone was out to greet us.

My adorable little sister immediately hid behind my back and I could feel how frightened she was. Equally the rogues, upon seeing her, were a bit tensed at her presence. After all, not everyone has been kind to them in the pack.

I smile at Megan encouragingly and although she was scared, she forced herself to go in front and gave the basket of fresh bread to Melanie.

"H-here." she says and immediately came back behind my back and that made me laugh once more.

Together we walked nearer to the rogues.

"Hello everyone, how has everyone been?" I ask them. The younger ones who were about Megan's age came to embrace me and were looking consciously at Megan.

"Are we really going to become a part of this pack Maddie?" Sarah asks with a bright smile on her face.

Sarah's last pack banished her because she was found out to be a Gamma's illegitimate daughter that he had before he met his mate. If she were to be a part of a pack again, I'm sure that would delight her.

"Yes, but there's a lot of things to be done before so you have to be patient, alright?" I tell her.

Everyone else even the older ones were asking a lot of questions about how everything was going to proceed and I assured that everything would be done in due time.

The whole time, Megan was behind me, hand clutched on my clothes.

"Oh right, I want to introduce you to someone." I say and look behind. Megan shakes her head furiously.

"Maddie, I don't want to." she whispers me.

"Megan, it'll be fine. They don't bite." I assure her and I turn to everyone. "Everyone, this is Megan, she is my younger sister." I introduce.

Everyone looked on curiously especially those who were the same age as her. Finally, Ashley stepped out of the crowd and approached Megan, extending her hand out.

"You look like you're scared of us, but you don't have to be. I'm Ashley, I've been with Maddie for a year now."

Megan loosened her grip.

"I--I'm Megan." was all she says, but I know how she tried her best.

After that, we stayed some more time as I informed them more of what has been going on around. After eating food that they had prepared for us, we went on our way.