of now and forever

of now and forever,
hold my hand
and don't ever let go

M A D D I E

After the ceremony, it was a whole event of feasting and everyone coming to greet Chase and I.

It was overwhelming for sure, there were so many people and although I had known most of them, I have seen people that I thought was the first time I was seeing.

Just as I was having fun with getting to know some other ladies, Shaye and Faye told me that it was time to go.

The ladies all gasped and laughed knowingly as if they knew something that I didn't.

"Good luck, Luna! I'm sure it'll hurt!" Fiona says and I look at her weirdly.

What will hurt?

Not minding any of whatever they were saying, I followed Shaye and Faye and as we were walking out of the banquet hall, everyone was parting to make way for us.

As we walked, the pack was throwing in some comments.

"Woohoo! It's marking time!" I hear a young man say, but he quickly gets reprimanded from a lady beside him.

Ah, right. The second marking.

"We wish you a happy life!" others were saying and many more things until we finally make it out of the rowdy banquet hall although until outside, there were still many people greeting me and also saying goodbye with such knowing smile.

What is it that everyone knows and I don't?! I'm just receiving a mark.

I noticed that the twins leading me kept their head low, as if they were embarrassed.

I decided not to put too much thought into it, I'm going to find out anyways.

We kept walking until we were outside of the pack house where there were still many people and as we passed by they all had the same reaction as those who were inside.

We walked away from the pack house and noticed that we were walking towards the residential area of the pack, but then we were getting further away from the centre of the pack house where everything was.

Our surroundings were mostly the forest and since it was late at night already, the wind that blowed was chilly and cold, but I liked it.

After a ten minute walk away from the centre of the pack, we reach a house that's much father from everything else. It was a big house, it looked ancient, but I can guess that the house must be of great importance and had a lot of history behind it.

We arrive at the wide cobbled doorsteps of the rather elegant house and when I turned towards to Shaye and Faye to ask them about the place, I saw them bowing.

"The Alpha is waiting inside." Faye says and while still bowed, they walked backwards until they left me alone in front of the big estate.

Uhm... weird?

But they said Chase was here so I knocked and waited. When no one opened the door, I decided to open it and since it wasn't locked, I intruded.

Chase's scent was definitely in here and he most definitely would know by now that I was also here so why isn't he coming?

I followed his scent but the nearer I got, I picked up a sweet and flowery scent.

On the ground were petals of a red flower and small candles that were lit up making a small pathway for me to follow. Instantly guessing that it was Chase, my lips form a smile that was impossible to suppress.