Pain

A week passed and as Arnav said .... no phone calls , emails , office work , etc . but only KHUSHI . They spent their days enjoying themselves , going for a walk hand in hand , having ice-creams (Arnav is not a diabetic ) , smashing ice-creams in each others faces (started by Khushi ) , going for lunch dates , stealing kisses with passionate nights .

AFTER 1 WEEK

Khushi was quite sad knowing Arnav would have to go to the office after spending a perfect romantic week with her away from work loads , Alex , phones , laptops , but she understood the need of going back to work and his busy schedules waiting ahead as the workload of whole one week should be completed now . She was thinking all this when Arnav woke up and it broke her reverie . He looked tensed in early morning , his eyes indicating that he had not slept well . Khushi looked at him with concern .

Khushi : What happened?? Are you okay ?? You looked tensed ?? Should I call the doctor ??? Are you having any pain ?? OMG .... did the whole 1 week have impact on your health .... sorry ... its all because of me , because I am very selfish .... sorry ... I am really sor...

Before she spoke more Arnav captured her lips gulping her words in his mouth and then let her go after some time .

Arnav : Baby , its nothing like that .  I m fine .

Khushi : Really , then tell me why is your face so dull . You're looking so tensed . What happened Arnav . Please tell me .

Arnav : Okay , i know I cannot hide anything from you and it is important for me to tell you this , but not now let me freshen and have breakfast and then I will tell you , okay ??

He pecked her forehead and went to freshen up without giving her time to speak anything . They had breakfast and now were sitting in their balcony , one was looking tensed or maybe a  little bit of scared while other was curious , which is no where near normal because whenever they sit in the balcony they enjoy the view , cuddle to each other , kiss each other in every other chance without loosing it , tease each other , laugh , enjoy the humming of birds and many more , but , now .... now there is only silence , one looking at the other in curiousness while other looking down to the floor , now looking interesting in seeing its design . 

After 5 minutes ,

Khushi : (irritated by the silence) If your looking at the design on the floor to make a new dress design is over then please care to look at me . 

Arnav : (looking to her eyes ) Huh ??

Khushi : What else I am seeing that you are so curious to look and print the floor design in your mind and as you are a fashion designer you must be looking to it for getting an idea for a new dress design na ??

He did not said anything but again looked down . Knowing the situation must be serious , as he never reacts this way , she went to sit beside him and turned him to face her , cupping his cheeks . 

Khushi : What happened Arnav ?? Tell me . (looking at his hesitancy ) no need to hesitate . you know na ?? you can tell me or confront me about anything ??

He sighed deeply . He gained the much needed courage and held her hand in his and said .

Arnav : Khushi , I think we need to go to India .... 

Khushi : (immediately , with shocked face ) WHAT ?? Are you mad Arnav ?? Have you gone insane ?? I am never gonna step my foot there where I could have lost you , NEVER . you get that ??

Arnav : Khushi , please . We need to face our past one day . And we are not alone , we have our family , akash , payal , NK ,lav , mom , dad , buaji and the most important we have each other . We need to be strong . You are strong , very strong I know my wi....(cut by Khushi)

Khushi :(shouting , standing from her seat) No , I am not strong and I don't want to be strong in this matter . I am not strong enough to handle this dammit .

Arnav :(coming to her and holding her through her arms tightly , shouting in the same raised voice as Khushi's ) I know my wife . She is strong and even if you are not strong you need to be strong . Why don't you understand dammit ??

Khushi : (thinking something) Oh ... so now I get it . The one whole week you spent with me was to make agree with this shit of yours ?? Every moment I lived , I need to pay for that this way ??? For the moments I spent with MY husband but not OTHERS ?? Wow ... just wow .... Mr . Raizada great idea . But you know what I am never gonna agree to this decision of yours . 

Arnav : Baby , its nothing like that .... seriously nothing .... I am not telling you to pay for the moments we spent together .... plz i am just telling you that , that we need to do this someday and if it needs to be done then why not today ?? I am telling this so that we can live our life peacefully without any tension .

Khushi : We do not need to do this any day Arnav . I am happy living my life like this , with you only . Why should we do this anyways when we are living our life peacefully . It is the thing you are asking me to do that will bring tensions in our life and snatch away our peaceful life .

Arnav : How many days Khushi ?? How many days you are going to avoid this bcoz one day or the other we need to take this step because I cannot always fool them with the same reason every next time and how many days will NK receive the calls from them dubbing my voice ?? How much will we ignore them and I know its been years and they have not told me anything about their cut of expenditure and luxury but now they will ask me and I know it as NK called me and said that Mrs . Jha called and asked me to go their , as soon as I can .(Khushi was shocked ) I know this is hard for you but we should do this . We need to punish them for their deeds . Please tryin' understand . 

Khushi : (after some minutes of silence ) NO ... We are not going there .... none of us are . Let them do whatever they want . I don't care anymo...(cut by an angry Arnav)

Arnav : Fine don't come ... but get this thing in your head that I am going ... ALONE , with no one . And I will only come after punishing them for their deeds , their action to MY wife , their plays to separate me from MY wife . 

Khushi : (painfully) Arnav !!

But he went from there , from their apartment grabbing his car keys on his way and drove away rashly . Khushi slammed on the bench but slowly stood up and went inside their apartment , inside their room , closed the door behind her and fell on her knees , crying bitterly , clearly knowing why he is doing this and that he is RIGHT . She brought her knees up to her chest and hugged it tightly , with continuous cries until she fell asleep .

TO BE CONTINUED ........

How is the story going guys ?? Please do give me your feedback to let me be ensured that my story line is going good enough . Please do VOTE , COMMENT and  SHARE . Love you all ....

STAY SAFE AND HAPPY 

AAYUSHI 

1423 WORDS .......