Ch. 15{The Last Name} University Campus

The Yagamis and I finished with dinner and I told Mr. Yagami that L wanted me to stay in their residence for a while. My guess was was to keep an eye on Light. Mr. Yagami didn't like this idea, but he had no problem letting me stay. Watari should be delivering my belongings sometime soon, later tonight. Sayu was excited that I was staying over. She wanted to know everything about Americans. And Mr. and Mrs. Yagami kindly and warmly welcomed me in their home.

I could tell Light was happy with my company. He's been smiling more whenever I was around. Watari arrived with my stuff and I thanked him as Light helped me with my stuff and brought it to the guest bedroom. Once all my stuff was placed in the guest bedroom, Light and I said our good nights to each other. Tomorrow was going to be another hard day.

It was the next day and Light went off to go to his college. I knew L was going to be there, watching Light. He wanted to me to be there later today. I didn't know why though. I still went to the college, dressed in a white short sleeved shirt with a black tree with no leaves across the front, dark jeans, and my black boots. My hair was left down as always.

I saw Light and L walk out of the classroom and were talking. I walked up to them and Light was surprised to see me and I noticed L wearing a... weird mask. "Ah, Scarlett. Good to see you here" L said to me. "Yeah nice seeing the both of you. What's with the mask?" I asked. "To protect my identity from the second Kira." "Right" I said feeling dumb.

"Hey Light!" a feminine voice said. L and Light and I turned to the voice and it was that Misa girl. She came up to us smiling. "I came by to say hi!" she said. What was she saying? She then noticed me. "Oh, an american!" she said with excitement. She was putting up an act. "Light, is she the one you've been talking about?" Misa asked Light with a smirk and giggle. Light looked annoyed. "She's much prettier in person! Scarlett's your name right?" I nodded going along with the act.

She turned to L. "Is he a friend of yours?" "Yeah. His name is Ryuzaki." Light said. Misa smiled and went up close to L's face. "That's a weird mask" "Take it off." Light said. I glanced at him and then Misa lifted the mask off. "Hello" she said. L stared at Misa with the lolipop in his mouth. Misa was looking above his head then looked at him. "How do you do? I'm Misa Amane"

L stayed quiet while staring at Misa. "He gives me the creeps." Misa said. "He's just shy." Light said. "I envy you, Light." L said then grabbed Misa's hands making her tense. "I'm a big fan!" "Oh really? Thanks." Misa said smiling. "Tell me, Light. How do you get to date stars?" L asked Light. "Oh- no no! He's not dating me, he's-" Misa started saying. "Misa." Light said wanting her to stop.

We then heard a girl say something as she and her guy friend were looking at Misa. Misa looked at them and the girl got excited and started waving at her madly while the guy was talking madly. Misa smiled and waved at them. Everyone turned their attention here and noticed the pop star, Misa was here and the next thing we knew they came and surrounded us.

L, Light, and I were pushed back from the crowd while Misa was talking to her fans. L was knocked down and looked like he touched Misa's butt. She yelped and said in japanese, "Who touched my bottom?" she asked feeling violated. "This is an outrage! I, the famous detective will find the culprit. For you" L said giving her a lolipop. Misa took it and laughed. "You're funny" Misa said. "Would you and Scarlett consider going out with me?" L asked.

I gave him a puzzled look. Misa giggled and went over to me her arm locked with mine. "Sorry, Ryuzaki. I'm not your type. And Scarlett's already taken, she's Light's girlfriend." All the people surrounded us were surprised and impressed that Light, one of the smartest japanese students was dating an American. I was surprised too. Since when was I his girlfriend?

I looked at Light and he avoided my eye contact and looked at Misa. "Misa. I still have class. Go back to work."Light said. "Okay. Sorry, I thought I should see you. Later, Light." She said. "It was nice meeeting you Scarlett. We should hang out sometime." She said to me. "Um yeah. Sure" I gave her a small smile. She smiled back and waved at me and Light. She started leaving and her fans watched her leave and waved bye. They became down and went back to their classes.

While Light and L started talking a bit, I got a that feeling again. It wasn't like before, but a bad feeling, like I'm being watched. I looked around, but didn't see anyone suspicious. "Scarlett?" I turned around to see that Light was the one who talked to me. "You ok?" "Uh... yeah. Don't worry about it." I said, but Light didn't seem to let it go. He looked at me. "Really. It's nothing." I assured him.

Light nodded. "Well, Scarlett, I think you should go back to the task force. They could use extra help right now." L said. "Um ok. I'll see you guys later." I glanced at Light then walked off.

*With Light and L*

Light watched Rose walk off. He wondered what was bothering her. "Ryuzaki. Now you know." Light said mentioning Misa. "Right. Now that I've met Misa, I'll go back to headquarters." L said as he walked off. "Be careful" Light muttered. Light took out his cell phone and thought 'I've won!' Light dialed Misa's number and as it rang a few times he heard the ringtone near by and L's voice answered.

"Hello?" L asked. Light froze then closed his eyes in frustration. "What are you doing?" Light asked as he turned around to find L talking on Misa's cell phone. "Someone seems to have dropped this phone." L said. "That's Misa's. Give it back." Light said as he walked angerly toward L. Light swiped the phone out of L's hand and they stared at each other. "Was there something so urgent you had to ask?" L asked.

L's cell vibrated and L answered it. "Yes? .... Understood. Thank you." L hung up. He looked at Light. "We've captured Misa Amane and Scar;ett on suspicion of being the secong Kira." Light's eyes widen. "What?" "Misa Amane is a Kira fanatic, and was at the TV station that day. Fragments found on the tapes matched those from her clothes. Powder from her makeup, too." "And what about Scarlett?" Light asked. "Scarlett, I'm not so sure of. The only thing I find strange is when she arrived here in Japan, the death rate of criminals increased. So I'm taking precautions. In the mean time, please refrain from coming to headquarters."

"What type of interrogation?" Light asked. "I cannot tell. Would you mind handing over her phone?" L asked. "Misa or Scarlett as the second Kira? That's immpossible." Light said as L took Misa's phone away. "Too bad! This must be your unlucky day." Ryuk said to Light. "See you." L said and then walked off. Light watched him leave. Now what was he going to do?