Ch. 26{The Last Name} Withered Rose (Ending 1 part 1)

Rose ran through the various hallways. She entered the headquarters room where all their equipment were. She saw Light and Misa in one of the cameras and it looked like they were in the lobby. She glanced to her right and gasped as she saw L's body on the floor. She stepped closer, slowly, seeing any signs of death.

"L?" Rose asked.

That's when she saw him lightly breathing, but the monitor on the computer screen that was monitoring his heart was a straight line...

She glanced back at L registering what was going on. This had to be a plan.

She backed up and ran out of the room as L called out to her.

She ran towards the lobby where Light and Misa were. Once she entered, her footsteps echoed and she stopped and looked at them, lightly panting. They both turned and saw Rose. Both looked surprised and rose up. Light started to walk toward her and she noticed he looked nervous about something.

"Rose, what are you doing here? I thought you were heading to the airport?"

Rose was about to say something but she was interrupted by footsteps. She turned around to see Mr. Yagami walking into the lobby carrying the handcuffed suitcase holding the Death Note. Light and Misa composed themselves as if they were awaiting something to happen. Light glanced at Rose and then to his father as he prepared for Rose to see what he never wanted her to witness.

As Mr. Yagami stopped and stared at Light, Misa and Rose watched from the side.

"Dad... Give me the Death Note." Light paused. "Dad... I've always been proud of you. You hate injustice and try to be a good example to others. I still respect that. So I know... that you'd understand what I'm about to do."

Rose's eyes darted back and forth from Light to his father and back to Light. Light looked sad for a moment and sighed and glanced down at his watch.

"Dad... I'm sorry. Your time's up."

Rose's eyes widen.

She snapped her head to Mr. Yagami who unlocked and opened the case. The Death Note... wasn't there. Light also looked surprised and confused.

"Where is it?" Light asked

"Light. I've watched everything." Mr. Yagami said disappointed as he dropped the case to the ground, "And heard every single word you've said."

"What?" Light whispered.

All of a sudden, many pairs of footsteps raced into the lobby as all of the investigation team took their places on the balcony and aimed their guns at Light. Light panicked and Rose looked around them all in fear and felt nervous how this will turn out. Light was finally caught.

"Light!" Misa called out as Sanami grabbed hold of her and handcuffed her.

Light looked from her to Rose still feeling panicked.

"Light," Mr. Yagami said, "You're under arrest"

Rose was shocked at these turn of events and didn't know what to do.

Light stared at his father with narrow eyes.

"Light" a voice came. Everyone looked up and saw L. He was alive.

"I'm sorry we couldn't be friends." L said from the stairs.

"Ryuzaki? You... how did you?" Light questioned and was shocked.

Light was silent as his mind raced. He looked at the Death Note they had with them.

"A fake?" He stared at Misa with anger. "You betrayed me!"