Ch. 21{The Last Name} Leading Operation

*With Rose*

It was the next day I started getting back to work. The team welcomed me back. Light told me that they suspected Kiyomi Takada for being the 3rd Kira and they had formed a plan. Matsuda had called Takada and had said he discovered her secret. Also telling her that he's been monitoring her room. Takada became worried, scared, and upset over the situation. Matsuda told her about the black notebook and black mailed her. He would sell her the recorded tape for 5 million yen.

We watched Takada search her whole house and found many of the cameras, but not all of them. She sat down at her desk with her head in her hands, frustrated. Ukita and Sanami were at the computers and it beeped when the truth was confirmed. "The criminals who died today and the names written yesterday have matched." Ukita said. Light stood up from his seat and came next to me while I stood next to L. "Takada's the one" Light said confidently, "She's Kira." Light looked at L who gave him a thumbs up while eating a.... green rectangle shaped sweet thing? I smiled at L's cuteness. Light and I looked at each other and smiled in victory then watched the screen. Looks like Takada wasn't sneaky enough.

Later that night, after Matsuda acted and disguised as the person who watched Takada, Takada was back at home with the fake card of the person Matsuda played. Sanami and Ukita headed to the Sakura TV station and made the tv producer call Takada to watch the broadcast. Once she turned on the tv, it said "Kira's a woman?" Takada's eyes widen as she continued to watch. It looked like the tape would actually reveal Takada was Kira to all of Japan. She saw the countdown on the corner of the tv. "I'll call you back." Takada said and she hung up the phone.

We watched Takada take out the black notebook out and started writing, defiently the false name on the card. "See what she's writing? She can manipulate death." Light said. "That was close, Rem." we heard Takada said. "Close?" I asked. "What does she mean?" Light asked. "Does she think Matsuda will do as she's written in her notebook?" Mr. Yagami asked. "The time's already passed. Rem, how could this be?" Takada said to nothing in the air. "Who's Rem? Who is she talking to?" Light asked. Rem... Misa's shinigami. Did Misa give up ownership of her death note too like Light did? I glanced at Light from the corner of my eye. "Shinigami?" I heard L mutter.

Takada looked at the card and knew then it was a false name. "Why didn't you tell me?" Takada said. "Could this god of death be some kind of code?" Mr. Yagami asked. "Under the circumstances, it could be a real god of death." L mentioned as Mr. Yagami looked at him. "What?" "Alright, let's make a deal," we heard Takada say, "Give me the eyes." "The god of death's eyes... just like the second Kira said... with the god of death's eyes, they can kill with a glance." Light said. I stared back at the screen. Now Takada had the shinigami eyes. This wasn't good. Not at all.

While Ukita and Sanami were already at the TV station, Aizawa went to follow Takada to the station. Light, Mr. Yagami, L, and I went in a car to head to the TV station while Watari stayed behind to watch over headquarters. We were now on the chase after the third Kira. I felt nervous now. Takada could kill any of us with those eyes of hers if necessary. 

Light must have felt me become tense and held my hand. I glanced at him and he gave me a soft, reassuring smile. We faced forward as we were driven quickly to the station. I could only squeeze Light's hand back.