Chapter 14....

"Sorry to make you wait." Wyatt said as soon as he reached me.

"No worries." I quickly shook my head. Once again he was wearing a pair of track pants that had mouth watering. Something about guys in track pants was insanely attractive. He wore a simple grey Nike sweatshirt over it. The outfit was simple but damn did he look good. Shaking my head of such thoughts I looked up at him.

"Where do you want to eat?" I asked.

"I actually know of a good burger place not to far from here. That okay?"

"Sounds perfect." The sound of a good hamburger made my stomach growl. I silently prayed he didn't hear that but judging from his chuckle he did.

"Do you want to take my car or yours? If you feel more comfortable with yours thats totally fine." His blue eyes didn't leave mine as he spoke, letting me know that whatever I chose he would be fine with. I found it sweet that he would even offer.

"Seeing as you could have killed me in the elevator I think spending a few minutes alone in your car won't hurt." I pointed out.

"I don't know maybe it was all an act and I'm now about to lure you into my trap." Wyatt said with a one shoulder shrug.

"Let me eat my burger first then you can kill me. Deal?"

"Gotta let you have your last meal. Would be horrible on my end to kill you with an empty stomach." He continued with the joke as he lead us out of the arena towards the parking lot.

"So gentlemanly of you."

We walked side by side out to the parking lot. With everyone step the side of his arm would brush against mine. We both had a layer of clothing on but I swore I felt a tingle where his arm touched.

Wyatt lead me to a brand new Tesla that instantly had my eyes widening. Good thing we didn't take my car. My old 2015 Hyundai was nothing compared to this. But despite how nice his Tesla was it wasn't the flashiest car in the parking lot. I'm pretty sure I spotted a Ferrari further down.

"Nice car." I commented.

"Thanks. It's actually the first brand new car I've ever bought." Wyatt rubbed the back of his neck, a gesture I've learned he does when he feels nervous. "I drove an old beat up Ford truck that I bought for 1200 dollars until a year ago." He elaborated.

"1200 dollars huh?" The corner of my lip quirked up.

"And still runs like a champ." He grinned back.

"Still?"

"My younger brother drives it now." Like a gentleman he went over and opened the door for me. I slid into the passenger seat and was instantly hit with the same smell I smelt in the elevator. Wyatt. Albeit it smelled less sweaty and more wintery.

My hands ran along the seat below me, marveling at how comfortable the seat was. I looked around surprised at how big the car actually was. The dark brown leather seats and black dashboard suited Wyatt. Everything about this screaming man.

I quickly stopped my gawking as Wyatt slid into the drivers seat and started it up.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

* * * * * * * * * *

When Wyatt said he knew a good burger joint I thought he meant an actual restaurant not a food truck parked in the parking lot of a K-Mart. I thought he was joking at first when he pulled up but he was dead serious.

"I promise you they have the best hamburgers in Toronto." He said as we got out of the car. Around the food truck were a few tables set up to sit and eat. There were only a few people standing around but then again it was only 4:30 on a Monday afternoon.

Wyatt lead me towards the food truck with a hand on my lower back. His hand was literally so big I could feel it spanning up my spine a bit. The thought of those big hands touching me else where flashed in my mind before I quickly pushed it out.

The moment we walked up to the food truck I could smell the food making my mouth instantly water. The menu was filled with so many different kinds of burgers, different styles of fries, as well as dessert.

I was so busy looking at the menu I didn't notice someone had popped their head out of the window until a booming voice called out Wyatt's name. My head snapped up to find an older look man beaming down at Wyatt, a big white beard covering his face.

"My boy! Been a bit since I've seen you." The guys eyes landed on me. "And I see you brought someone with you." Wyatt's hand pressed into my lower back a bit more as he introduced me.

"Josie this is Rick. He owns the truck and cooks the best burgers in town." The last part was directed at Rick who just laughed.

"The kid isn't wrong." I laughed alongside the two of them, already liking Rick. "But what can I get you two today?"

Wyatt looked at me waiting patiently for me to go first. I wasn't sure what to pick so I just quickly rattled off something off.

"I'll take the bacon cheeseburger with fries please. And just a water for me." Rick's eyebrows raised at my order. For a second I thought I said something wrong.

"Wow she ordered your usual B. You better keep this one." He said to Wyatt. "I'll get these right out to you kids." Rick said before he disappeared through the window.

"Your usual huh? Come here often?" I teased as the two of us headed for an empty table off to the side. I noticed that Wyatt didn't seem concerned about covering his face being here. I hoped it meant he was somewhat comfortable around me.

"It was actually right after my first game with the Knights. The entire team went out to celebrate and I may have drank a little more than I should have. I stumbled out of the bar and just started walking, not even knowing where I was going." I fought back a grin imagining a drunk Wyatt stumbling around.

"I ended up coming across a food truck that was still serving food at like 2 in the morning. I met Rick and he made me something to eat, free of charge since he had watched me play earlier. It was love at first bite." I laughed loudly at the end.

"Been back ever since." I added.

"Yep. I've pretty much tried every burger on the menu but I always come back to the bacon cheeseburger."

"It's a classic. Even if the grease may one day kill us."

"Sometimes you just have to take the risk." I had a feeling he wasn't just talking about hamburgers as he looked at me.