Fast Draw

A/n: bring out the tissues :( 8k words ahead.

Love.

We hear that word almost every where. From being casually conversed to a hundred others in the form of electronic texts everyday to being secretly whispered into the ear of the one, while holding hands upon an overhead bridge on the Han River.

Some people say it because they need something and some people might only mean it for a while.

But we still never judge in this household. It's love afterall, the universe will never have enough of it.

So the more, the merrier, right?

Wrong.

Sometimes things don't sway that way. Sometimes just loving someone is not enough. Or maybe sometimes, loving someone too much, over the top, can even destroy your world and everything in it, including your One.

They said love must be unbounded, illimitable. I'm sure they meant that in the sense of choosing your ones without prejudice- where the person's color, gender or source land wouldn't limit the essence of the pure word itself. But if we thought deeper into the phrase...

Should love really be allowed to have no limits?

If so, wouldn't that become a risk? especially for those who don't know how to navigate in such deep waters? Or for those potentially expert divers who don't fear taking the plunge into those depths and unknowingly keep falling further and further past the permitted limits, without any control in their limbs or heads or hearts, until eventually crashing to their deaths?

Is such love even love... if it ends you?

_._

Taehyung sucked in a shaky breath, fingers trembling on his sides as he looked ahead of him with a face drenched in tears.

They were beginning to dry, those tears. As if tired of the agony that kept beckoning themselves on his brittle tan  skin for so many occasions that held no meaning.

They were exhausted but still flowed endlessly, leaking through the reddened ducts in his eyes in hopes to drown out  the misery. But they couldn't. This pain... seemed to have no end, nor any way out.

He sniffled and wiped those wet tracks with the back of his hand, tiredness and exhaustion forcing him to seal and steel his emotions for the moment. At that point, Taehyung had no idea what was even happening. Why the mob boss was so hell bent on posing such destruction on the sheer excuse of being wronged? When in reality it was himself who had been the cause of it all?

But also at this moment, Taehyung's exhaustion had gotten to him a place where he couldn't bring himself to care either. The more he thought, the more it hurt to think further and if it went on endlessly in the said loop, the brunet didn't think he would even need a bullet to bring him to his end.

"What do you n-need me to do?" Taehyung finally asked in his hoarse voice. He knew he sounded and looked so horrible, so broken but it didn't matter. It was still better than the way Jungkook looked.

Like he was already dead inside.

The mob boss stood a few feet away from the junior cop, hands stylized on his hips and a pose that reflected superiority, a cocky arrogance that indicated how invincible he was.

Taehyung wanted to laugh at Jungkook. He really just wanted to laugh and request him to stop with the unbearable pretense. But he wouldn't. Taehyung wanted to see just how far Jungkook was going to drag this on.