𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Thankfully today I don't have to go to work until later this afternoon which is great because it gives me a chance to chill out for a bit.

It was a little bit past nine o'clock and I had just woken up. I'd consider that a sleep in because on a work morning I would have to get up at six thirty.

I was lying on my back, snuggled into the covers when my bedroom door swung open giving me the fright of my life.

"Maddie what the fuck!?" I groaned as the light from the other room flooded my bedroom, hurting my eyes.

"Sorry bestie, we need to have a chat!" She said with a smirk, making me extremely suspicious.

"Dude I could've been naked or some shit!" I chuckled and stretched out my arms.

"So..."

I playfully rolled my eyes at her before sitting up.
"So what did you wanna talk about?"

"Did you fucking see Rudy's comment on your post last night!?" She whisper shouted, trying not to be heard by the man himself who's room was only next to mine.

"It's not that big of a deal!" Right?
I sighed and rested my head on my fist.

"Lillie. You need to see what's right infront of you!" She paused and looked straight into my eyes.
"He likes you girl!"

I could feel my heart racing and the butterflies gathering in my stomach. Part of me wanted this, but another part of me wasn't sure if I was ready for another relationship yet.

"And you can't tell me that at least a little piece of you doesn't feel the same. I've seen the way you both look at each other." She said as a big smile formed on her face.
"Y'all cuddle and shit all the time anyway!"

"Okay fine. I might like him a little bit, But I don't know if I'm ready." I could feel my face turning red from embarrassment as I spoke. It felt weird to admit it, but it was true.

I had always hated talking about my feelings, but talking to Maddie was an exception. She never judges me (well, unless it's not a serious topic) and she always knows what to say.

"That's understandable, but he's not gonna be single forever." She sighed and sat down facing me on the end of my bed.
"I'd rather you be the reason he's off limits than some random whore." She added making me burst into laughter.

"Yeah that's true."
I always wonder how she's so good at giving advise. I'm terrible at giving advise because I never know what to say.

"You need to talk to him about how you feel!"

"No thanks, you know I hate that shit." I sighed and leant back against my headboard.

"Lillie-"

"Shush I'm not talking to him." I said, cutting her off before she had the chance to lecture me.

"Okay fine I'll do it for you!" She said with an evil grin before jumping off my bed and heading towards the door.

If my heart wasn't racing before, it definitely was now! I started to panic once I actually processed what she was about to do.

"Don't you fucking dare!" I quickly untangled myself from my sheets and ran after her, stopping her midway down the hallway before she could get any closer to his room.

"What the-"
We both turned around to see Chase standing behind the kitchen counter with a box of Cheezits looking very confused. "I don't even wanna know actually."

"Chase come get your girl!" I called, partly mimicking what he always says to Rudy and also partly wanting him to actually stop Maddie from going to get Rudy.