Chapter 6: Crossing The Line

I had the longest conversation with the Dalton's ever, talking about how 'aBsOlUtLeY MaRvElOuS' it would be for Charlie and I to get married in the future. Personally, I would sooner cut off my hand with a pocket knife than even consider the idea of Charlie and I getting married. Can you imagine? Share a weekly Sunday post puzzle together over breakfast? I nag at him for forgetting to pick up our child from his piano lessons? Our sex life would grow dry and I would have to cheat on him to get back spark in my life? Sounds to me like an absolute nightmare, even worse than watching "Jungle Goddess" on repeat for the rest of your life. 

"We should gather for dinner soon, dear." Said Mrs. Dalton

"Yes absolutely, maybe after the end of your first semester." Agreed Mr.Dalton

I would rather eat my own throw up. 

"That'd be great." I said, forcing a smile

I noticed that Charlie was also forcing a hospitable expression. 

"Perfect. I'll check my schedule." My dad said with a smile.

"Well, then excuse us but we really must be heading home now." Mr.Dalton said. "Coming Charles?"

"I can walk back to school, sir." He said stiffly. 

Fathers who make their children call them sir is so fucking pathetic. I fared the Dalton pair well and excused myself to go to the bathroom. In reality, I was looking for the waiter with the drinks because I could not finish this sober. I had never drunk before but now seemed like the best time to start. I downed like two glasses of champagne. I didn't know how strong it was so I drank about three more just in case it didn't have an effect on me. My vision began to get blurry and I looked around and saw that Charlie was being introduced to his possible future wife. He ,too, was looking at me. I made the ugliest face at him and journeyed on to look for the waiter again. 

{Charlie's POV}

 I followed Chase to embarrass her in front of her parents the same way she did to me and noticed that she was acting rather odd. "Are you looking for the alcoholic man too?" Valerie whispered to me.

"Are you drunk? " I asked her with zero expectation that she would answer normally.

"You're drunk!" She said poking at my chest, "Why are you talking to Nancy Weiner?

I was right.

"Nancy Miller?"

"Same fucking thing. She's a horrible person." She slurred, "You can't marry her. You don't have my blessing."

"Okay, you're drunk. In front of your parents? Are you crazy?" She didn't answer. She was preoccupied with her fingers and their ability to move.

"Actually, embarrassing yourself in front of your parents AND their coworkers might be therapeutic to me." I handed her another drink to further entertain myself.

Out of nowhere her mother came and Valerie pushed the drink back into my hands. "There you are, Valerie."

Valerie stood with her back straight as it was automatic or something. "Easy on the appetizers dear, you're getting kinda chubby." The Valerie that I knew would have said something if someone called her chubby but I understand if she's taking it from her mother. She was now fixing Valerie's collar and her bangs that looked okay to me. "Oh and please, go change that lipstick color, it nauseates me to look at it. You look like you'd be found lurking around a ghetto street corner."

Valerie exhaled deeply after her mother left and went back to her usual self: Drunk. She gestured to me to come closer. I did but I wish I didn't because her breath is enough to make me wanna vomit. "Can I tell you a secret? I hate my parents."

Thin Line- Charlie Dalton Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें