Adjustment.

It has been a few months since you have welcomed your daughter, Emily. You were grateful for that wonderful gift, however, you were also mentally exhausted. Every day seems to be the same. There were many things to do still. You were thinking that you can do everything by yourself and were refusing Henry's help. Henry tried to be patient, but all he wanted was to spend time with you and to hold his little girl in his oversized arms. Lack of sleep and hormonal changes caused many arguments between the two of you. This Sunday you meant to attend your soon-to-be brother-in-law party, however, you weren't talking with Henry, so you didn't even know should you prepare for that.

You put Emily for a nap and decided to find Henry. After every argument, Henry was hiding in his office, lost in the book or PC game. This time he was lost in the book. You made a few quiet steps and stood behind Henry's chair. You kissed his neck and played with his curls. Once you removed his headphones, you told him: ''I am sorry, Bear''

Henry straightens his back and took a few deep breaths. There were so many words he wanted to say at this moment, but he didn't want to lose his cool. Henry took your hand and kissed it. It was a sign for you that you can make a step, and sit on his lap. You sat there for a while, enjoying the rare moment you have together. The tears were running down your cheek, you were angry at yourself that you're comparing your ex to your wonderful Henry. He has his imperfections as well, no one is perfect, but he is the best partner that you ever had. Henry was the first who spoke up:

"I am not trying to take her from you, you know that, right?''

''I know, in my head, I can do it all. I am so sorry.''

Henry whipped out all the tears and kissed you, pouring all love to you. You both could hear small cries coming out of the other room. You pecked Henry's nose and said:

''Ok daddy, you are on the duty. I will take a shower and wait for you in bed. ''

''Yes ma'am.'' With a grin, Henry left to check on your daughter.

After a few moments of silence and kisses, you and Henry had a pillow talk.

"Who would have thought that one meeting, on the Christmas tree farm, would change our lives like "this". "

"Who would have thought that you will meet the single guy in there." Henry laughed, slightly moving, lying his head on your chest.

"I wasn't looking for anyone, Mister!"

"I wasn't looking either; I was accepting the fact that I will die alone"

Henry's confession broke your heart.

You moved Henry's head, so he was forced to face you.

"No one deserves to die alone, especially you. If it wasn't me, I am sure you would find a woman who..."

Cavill kissed you, stopping you from talking.

"We are meant to be together, no one else, you are stuck with me, sweetheart."

"Oh, I am not complaining." You could feel his hands under your shirt.

"Good, no shhh, let me love you."