eleven

Christmas.

A time for family and friends.

Growing up that's exactly what it was. We weren't religious or anything. We just spent time as a family.

Tonight, the Collins are coming over and we're all having a Christmas thing together. I still haven't told my parents about dating Blade yet though. I know I should, I just haven't found the right way to.

I walk into my parents bedroom and sit on their bed. "Mom, I have to tell you something, I don't know how to tell dad though." I sigh and lay across the bed.

She chuckles, "I know you and Blade are together hun."

"What?" I ask sitting up.

She smiles, "I see the way he looks at you. The way you guys speak. I see how you guys are together when you don't think anyone is watching. Also his mom told me after I figured it out!"

"Does dad know?"

"Your father is an idiot. Of course he doesn't know."

"Are you gonna tell him?"

"Well yeah, but I'll let him figure it out first. He's not going to care. He loves Blade, thinks he's a great kid."

I nod and say, "do you think Blade and I will be how you and dad were when Kane and I were kids?"

She sighs softly, "I hope not. Looking at you guys, you seem happier than we did when we started out. I think you'll last longer than you think."

"I hope so mom. I don't want to hurt him or he hurt me ya know?" I run my hair through my hair and say, "he promised to never hurt me, but you never know."

"He won't hunny. You won't hurt him. You guys will be okay. Just enjoy it instead instead worrying about the future ok?"

I nod, "thanks mom."

She gives me a hug and kisses my head. "Go get the kids up yeah?"

I do as she says and as I walk downstairs my phone rings. I look to see Kane's name at the top. "Hey?" I answer.

"Mind come unlocking the door?"

I drop my phone and run to the front door. Opening it i jump into my brother's arms. "I didn't know you were coming!" I squeal as he catches me.

"I didn't either. I decided last minute since I wasn't busy," he chuckles.

He sets me down and I smile, "does mom know you're here?"

"No. Only you do."

I nod and say, "go say hi to mom."

He smiles and heads upstairs.

I text Blade, "good morning."

About five minutes later he texts me back, "morning baby."

I smile at the text and Kane asks, "who you smiling at?"

I jump slightly, "what? Nobody."

"Does my little sister have a boyfriend?"

"Ugh fine. Yes I do, his name is Blade."

"What kind if name is Blade?"

"What kind of name is Kane?" I ask him with the same attitude he gives me.

"Fair point."

Soon enough the Collins are over, except for Daryl. He moved out soon after Blade beat him up.

We all sit in the living room watching holiday movies. I rest my head on Blade's shoulder and yawn softly.

The littler kids are starting to get antsy and wanting to play. So we take the opportunity to go up to my room.

We lay in my bed, a tangled messy. Our legs wrapped around one another and my head on his chest. He kisses the top of my head and says, "you tired baby?"

"Nuh uh."

We have been dating for almost two months now and it's been amazing. January ninth will be two months.

"You know, Blade, when I met you I thought you kind of looked like Heath Ledger when he was young."

"Why do you say that?" He chuckles.

I shrug, "I don't really know. I just thought you look like him."

"In a good way or a bad way?"

"Well a good way of course!" I laugh.

I look at him and he smiles, "well good then."

I nod, "yeah."

"You're really cute baby, you know that?"

I roll my eyes, "I'm in a hoodie and spandex. I'm not cute."

"Not just any hoodie. My hoodie. And you look good in it!"

I giggle and say, "i think I know what I want for my birthday."

"And what is that?"

I bite my lip and say, "you."

"Me?"

I'm a virgin. I know. I'm seventeen and still a virgin.

"Yeah. I want you to um- fuck me you know?"

He nods, "I know why you mean. Why do you want that?"

I shrug, "because I do."

He kisses my head, "you'll probably change your mind baby, but alright."

I won't though.