I Heard You [Dolores x reader]

@MonaLisaWeebBrain requested: could you do one of Dolores please?

Prompt: you tell your friend about your crush, your friend forgets she has super hearing

A/n: thank you so much for requesting! This is my first request on here, so thank you!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You sigh as your friend, F/n, continued to follow you around the village as you did your chores.

"Oh come on! Why can't you tell me who your crush is?" F/n whined. "I just can't, okay? It's nothing against you, I just.. can't." You try to explain but your friend wasn't giving up that easily.

"You have to tell me! I won't tell anyone." F/n said.

You knew your friend wouldn't tell anyone, it's just the fact that your crush could hear a pin drop from miles away.

"Come on, please~" F/n begged and you finally got enough of your friend's pestering. "Fine. Follow me." You commanded and your friend followed you to your house.

You set the groceries on the kitchen counter, you then got a pen and paper. You scribbled down 'Dolores' and handed it to your friend. Your friend gasped. "You have a crush on Dolores-" your friend whisper-yelled and you slammed your palm over their mouth.

"Dude! What the hell?" You grumbled as your friend's eyes widened. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry."Your friend whispered when you pulled your hand away. You groaned while rubbing your temples, your face turning red.

Hopefully Dolores was spacing out. Maybe she was talking to someone right when F/n said that and Dolores didn't hear it.

That's what you believed.

That's what you hoped.

For the next couple days, you saw Dolores. You never really saw Dolores that much, she mostly stayed at the casita. But nowadays she seems to be around where you are at, just in the background talking to people or friends.

It was interesting, and you weren't sure why she kept popping up. Maybe it was a coincidence, but deep down in your heart you hoped that Dolores heard your friend, and felt the same way.

You woke up. You were in bed, bed sheets tangled around you and you groaned. You felt like you needed some water, and maybe a midnight snack, so you got up.

You went downstairs quietly to not wake your parents up, and you grabbed a glass of water and a apple. You went back upstairs with your snack and water, you crawled back into bed.

You couldn't fall asleep though. For no reason at all, you didn't feel tired, and your eye lids didn't want to close. You stood up and looked out the window, you could go on a walk. Maybe a walk will tire you out.

You sighed as you grabbed your jacket and some slippers, you finished your snack then went downstairs.

You step outside as the slightly cool air hit your skin. It was the perfect temperature, not too cold, not too hot. You walked down the quiet and empty streets, admiring the night sky.

You hummed gently to yourself as you made your way to the lake. There was a trail that went around the massive lake, go around it once and you should be tired.

You stopped humming for a second as you stared at the lake. It was beautiful. The stars and moon reflected into the water, and you wish you could paint it on a canvas, hang it up in your room.

You started humming again as you started following the trail, the trail becoming a forest slowly as you continued to walk, catching glimpses of the lake through the trees.

You hummed a tune that has been stuck in your mind recently, until your mind went to your crush, Dolores. You stopped humming, what if you were keeping Dolores awake with your humming? So you stopped.

After a bit more of walking, you see the opening from the trees that leads to the lake. You walked down the small trail and sat on the flat rock on the water edge.

You took a deep breath in, taking the beauty of the lake, before you closed your eyes, enjoying the silent night.

"Beautiful isn't it?"

You jumped as you looked behind you, to see.. Dolores. What was she doing here?

Dolores walked towards you and sat next to you. "Isn't it beautiful?" Dolores repeated as she stared at you. You gulped. "Yeah, it.. it really is." You agreed, and Dolores looked away from you, staring towards the water.

You panicked internally as the silence stayed in the air. Should you say something? Or maybe she enjoys the silence? You weren't sure, so you awkwardly sat there.

"So uh, how is the relationship with Mariano?" You asked suddenly. "We broke up." Dolores said. "Oh, I'm sorry." You said quickly. "It's fine. Mariano was a.. good man. But, he isn't for me. My love lays somewhere else." Dolores said as you frowned slightly.

Who does she love? You need to know who.

"Who would that be?" You questioned. Dolores stared at you again. "Guess." She hummed. "Um... I... I-I don't know." You admit.

You both stared at each other, for what felt like hours but were only mere seconds.

"I heard you." Dolores whispered to you.

It took you a second to think about what she meant, then you blushed. "I heard what your friend said." Dolores corrected herself. You looked down in embarrassment, silence filling there air once again.

"I just wanted to let you know, I like you too." Dolores confessed. Your breath hitched, and you held it in for a second. Does she really like you?

"You really do?" You questioned. "Yes. We may have not talked to each other much, but I've heard you. I've heard how you treat your parents, friends. I've heard what music you like, I've heard the jokes you made, what your favorite things are... and I'm interested in you." Dolores admitted. You weren't totally sure because of how dark it is tonight, but you swore you saw Dolores blush.

"Can we go on a date?" You asked, scooting a little closer to Dolores. "Yes, I would like that." Dolores smiled softly, then she looked towards the casita. "I better go before anyone notices I'm gone. I hope you fall asleep." Dolores said as she stood up, and you stood up too.

"I'll walk with you, till I get to my house." You said and Dolores hummed. You both walked next to each other in comfortable silence, only listening to the wind in the trees or the sound of frogs croaking.

Dolores bid you a good night and you did the same.

You lay in bed as you thought about Dolores. Could she hear your snores?