5

● AUTHOR'S POV

"But do you know what is even more troubling?" Ilaria softly whispered as she inched closer to Paolo's face with an angel like smile, and startling every single head present there she suddenly tightened Paolo's tie to the point of almost choking him.

Ilaria whispered something into Paolo's ear, intensifying the already present shock on his face from almost getting choked.

She loosened her grip on his tie, and once she stepped away at a reasonable distance from him, two brawny arms came seizing hold of Paolo's shoulders and with in a matter of seconds he was being dragged out of here.

Paolo yelled, cursed, and threatened to sue the club for verbal and physical assault.

No one reacted, but the buff man named Tony, who was dragging him out, stopped. Grabbing Paolo's arm and squatting down to hold behind his knee, Tony in the blink of an eye threw Paolo onto his shoulder and walked out as if Paolo was nothing but a mere towel draped over him.

Despite his ripped appearance people still often forgot, how much of a physical strength Tony actually held. 'Man's practically Thanos.' Ava thought the same thing that was running through everyone's mind, because now all heads in the club were again focused on the little skit that had been going on for some time now.

Ava taking her chance, with a little smile making it's way upto her lips, made sure to mockingly raise an eyebrow at Paolo as he was being forced out of the club's vicinity, and being her cheeky self she made it certain he saw it.

But the victory was short lived and the smile faintly sprawled over her face got swiped clean as Ilaria called out to her. "Smiling even after all what happened? Now that attitude needs to get fixed." saying this Ilaria swiftly turned away heading towards the door that led to the hallway filled with offices and staff-rooms.

Lilly had already left the scene with one of the waitresses, and hoping she wasn't too severely hurt Ava decided to apologise to her once she was hopefully done with Ilaria, without getting into a much more deeper mess.

Shards of glass and the spilt drinks were already getting cleaned up and Ava apologised, to the ones who were cleaning, feeling a little guilt bubble inside of her.

The atmosphere was back to normal, clinking of glasses, laughter, and flirtatious comments could be heard loud and clear. Wasting no more time Ava hurried behind Ilaria, towards and into the hallway.

No one, out of the waitresses, had ever been to Ilaria's office and remained employed to tell the tale. No matter what the circumstances, they always ended up getting fired or moved to another branch within the city.

But, Ava's situation was different. She wasn't just someone who was interviewed, got the job, and started working, the owner himself had appointed her so she felt that the subsequent ordeal might as well match the level of her source of employment, which in this case was Xanthos.

Ilaria's office was completely covered in Tea blue and White. The colour combination made it seem as though both Ava and Ilaria were seated in a ginormous Chinese porcelain dish.

"Ma'am---" but before Ava could complete, Ilaria cut her off. "Speaking without permission isn't something I would consider nor expect, as an attribute of a well mannered employee. Especially, of the one serving at a Host and Hostess club." Ilaria remarked strictly whilst she went through some papers laid out on her desk, infront of her.

Ava quickly pursed her lips into a thin line and kept standing, with her head down as she continued fiddling with her fingers.

Ava wasn't offered by Ilaria to get seated, so she decided it would be best to only do whatever she was permitted to do, and hopefully be able to exit Ilaria's office without any troubles tailing her back.