thirty-four

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

"I don't know what you're talking about." Was the only thing that I could get to come out of my mouth while he hovered over top of me. My music was still heard as the two earbuds hung low on the chord they were attached to.

He knew.

He knows?

Does he know that I know?

He walked around me to the front. My feet that were once on the chair across from me were now on the ground as he sat down in the chair. He relaxed as he sat back, smirking at me in a teasing way.

His jaw clenched and unclenched as he chewed the mint gum. The smell was hitting my nose and it was giving me goosebumps. Cool, mint.

"Hm?" He asked.

My eyes went to the open pages of my book where I reading smut that had me clenching my legs so tightly that nothing would come out of me. Now, I was shaking my legs because I was full of anxiety.

Did he see that I was reading that?

"I don't know what you're talking about," I repeated.

Lie, Ellie.

Jesus but where did lying ever get Bella Swan.

He stared into my eyes so deeply that it was like he was apologizing to me. His eyes met mine as I met his ten times harder. I was not going to break and I was not going to crack.

He was going to feel my wrath.

"It's nice," I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

He gave me a small smile. "What is?" I asked, unamused. However, he just let out a small laugh and started to point his finger.

"All of that–" He laughed.

"All of that you know, blonde– in your hair."

My heart started to beat at a violently fast pace. I was for sure dying of either two things; a heart attack or of embarrassment. My face went bright red and I felt sicker than ever. How dare he come here and tease me!