thirty-six

Reese Joseph

Reese Joseph

My heart was racing while I approached my front door.

My arms were held over my head as I tried to catch my breath. It was raining, it was miserable, it was so damp outside.

The weather made me angry.

The weather made me hot and bothered.

As I was jogging, I passed a million faces. Students who would stop and stare, and wouldn't get out of my face. I kept a poker face and tried to ignore the people who would stare, wave at me, or try to give me a fist bump.

I was not in the mood to be touched or talked to.

I needed to sweat her out of my system.

Fucking Ellie Webber.

There was no other way to describe her than the slight ray of sunshine that a cloudy area would get on a rare occasion. She was the sun that would hide behind the clouds during a cold football practice, the sun that you wished would come out to warm you up but never ends up coming out.

So without her, you're left cold. And feeling unsatisfied.

She was so– sharp.

And it wasn't a smart sharp. I mean, I'll give it to her, she is a smart fucking cookie. But, she is sharp like a knife and once you accidentally cut yourself, she's done.

That is what I wanted to avoid.

I wanted to be her blade sharpener.

I wanted to be the reason why she peaked out of the clouds.

Ellie—too pretty for her own good—Webber.

I stretched my arms as I walked into my kitchen. I went straight for the fridge, grabbing my water and workout cooldown mixture of greens. My body needed to be in tiptop shape.

I wanted her.

I wanted her bad.

And today– that just set me off. I was not expecting her to just, leave me like that. I mean, fuck her for being a bitch and saying all that shit to me– but it only made me want her more.