Prologue : New beginnings

A/N This story takes place 3 years after the movie.. :)

Y/n POV

Y/n woke up in her house filled with boxes with the stuff she and her family had yet to unload since they arrived at their new house.

It was big and more than enough for the three of them. Your room had pale y/f/c walls and was barely furnished. You only had your bed and wardrobe in there but you were planing on putting something on the empty walls you just hadn't figured out what.

You sighed and turned towards your bedroom door and walked up to it and just as you were going to open the door it was opened from the other side and you jumped at the sudden movement. There your brother stood with a grin on his face, clearly amused by your reaction. You straightened yourself and looked up at him.

"Dylan, why would you scare me to death like that?" You questioned while still looking at him. He just shrugged his shoulders and turned away walking towards the living room.

You walked after him leaving you bedroom door open and followed him to the kitchen. Where your mother stood making breakfast for the three of you. You smiled at your mother and she smiled back.

"Good morning Y/n." Your mother greeted while placing a plate with y/f/b and you drooled looking at it.
"Good morning and thanks mom." You replied and began eating your breakfast. It was really good, you were almost done when your mother spoke up again.
"So I know you've heard about the Madrigals living here in the Encanto." She began but got interrupted by your annoying brother.

"Yeah, they have powers or whatever and they protect the Encanto and helps us out. So what?" Dylan spat, clearly not happy.

Maybe he is jealous of them? I mean...who wouldn't be? You thought and shrugged.

"Yes, they have gifts and yes they help the villagers out. But that's now what I'm trying to tell you." Your mother said. You were intrigued, impatiently waiting for what she had to say.

"We are invited to one of the Madrigals birthday celebration tonight!" Your mother exclaimed. She appeared to be exited for this celebration. Which was unusual since your mother didn't like to go to parties or celebrations.

"That's great mom. Do you know if there are any flower fields around here? I'd like to make a bouquet for my room." You asked your mother while standing up from the table walking

"I'm sure one of the Madrigals would grow one for you." She said and smile brightly as you walked out the front door.

As you closed the door behind you and walked on the street you saw a beautiful girl with flawless skin wearing a purple dress with different colour patterns on it. You just stared and admired her. Then you made eye contact and she waved with a smile on her face. You waved back and she started walking towards you.

"Hello, my name is Isabella. Are you the daughter of the new family in town?" She asked with a smile.

"Yes I am. My name is Y/n, it's a pleasure to meet you." You said and smiled back. Then Isabella flicked her wrist and a beautiful flower bouquet fell into you hands. You looked at it shocked for a split second. Then you realised that she was a Madrigal. She opened her mouth to say something when someone called her name.

"I have to go now but I'll see you tonight at Camilo celebration. I think we will become great friends." She said and scurried off.

I think so to. You thought and taking in the smell of the flowers she had given you. Smiling as you realised they were y/f/f.

A/N I know this is not the best but bear with me! This is my first story... see you soon and please vote if you want more chapters :)