Chapter 1: The celebration

Y/n pov

You had put the flowers that Isabella gave in a vase with cold water in your room and was currently getting ready to go to casita which is the house where the Madrigals lived. Your mom had told you that the house was magical and that there was a magic candle giving every Madrigal a special gift.

You had let you hair down and was now brushing through y/h/l with your hands in an attempt to style it. You gave up pretty soon though since your hair decided to be stubborn and not wanting to corporate with you.

You sighed and brushed of your white dress with your hands and began walking to the living room where Dylan sat on the couch, probably contemplating whether or not he would be going to this Camilo person's celebration.

Rolling your eyes at his antics, you walked to your mother who was standing in the kitchen. Preparing her amazing sugar cookies. The sweet smell would have anyone on their knees.
Your mother looked at you and smiled.

"Y/n, you look beautiful!...I think you should get going. I'm almost done here, I just have to convince Dylan to go with me." Your mother said making sure to be loud at the end.

"Alright, I'll see you there then. I love you." You   said while walking out the front door giving your mom a small wave. You tuned to the street and followed the stream of people.

The walk to the Casita wasn't long or troublesome at all. It was quite peaceful listening to people talking.  You were almost there when you saw a boy greeting people and changing into them? Your eyes widened at the sight. So he's also a Madrigal? You thought.
Then you saw Isabella walking towards you with a bright smile on her face.

"Hey, Y/n! I'm so glad you came." She said gave you a hug. You hugged back and you realised how good she smelled. She smelled like roses. You pulled away from the hug and she grabbed your hand and ran you into the Casita. Straight past the shapeshifting boy who looked at the two of you and smiled.

"Let's go to the backyard!" She said loudly while the two of you ran trough the entrance. You just smiled and giggled a little. She is really funny. You thought still running. You looked around and took in the house.

Casita was decorated with color full banners and flowers. It was really pretty and you wondered if Isabella had chosen the flowers of if there was someone else. However you didn't have alot of time thinking about it until you had ran past most people includning an old lady wearing a magenta colored dress. You ran past her and Isabella greeted her as Abuella. So it was her grandmother.  She turned around when you had run past her saying that you should calm down but you and Isabella just laughed at her.

That came to a stop when you ran into a sudden stop when you ran into someone.

"Tió Bruno, we're so sorry." Isabella apologized and helped the dark haired man stand up.

"Oh, it-it's fine. Are you hurt at all? Should I get some food from Julietta?" Bruno asked and turned to you.

"No I'm fine, really." You said while standing up, brushing of you dress with your hands.

"Y/n I have to go and check up on Antonio. I'll be right back." Isabella said and walked away with Bruno. You felt a little sad being alone but it was kind of nice at the same time.

"That was unexpected." A voice you didn't recognize said. You turned towards the voice and there stood the shapeshifting boy in a yellow ruana. He was leaning towards the wall with his arms folded, looking amused with a grin on his face. He pushed himself off the wall and walked towards you only stopping when he was inches away from your face.

"I haven't seen you before. Who are you?" He said and inspected you face. You could feel your face getting redder by the second and spoke up.

"I'm Y/n L/n, I just moved here. Who are you?" You asked trying to sound as confident as possible. You looked into his hazel eyes. They truly were beautiful. You realized you were staring and looked down at the floor.

"I am Camilo Madrigal and I like see the eyes of the person I'm talking to." He said and grabbed your chin and forced you to look at his face. He had a smug grin on his face leaning closer, loosening the grip on your chin. Before he let go of your chin you saw a feeling you didn't recognize flash through his eyes before he turned away and walked back to the party. Leaving you and your thoughts to yourself.

A/N thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment. I really appreciate it❤️