Walkie-Talkie

(A/N) Just letting you know this is a build up chapter for tomorrows chapter (super excited to write it 😆😆)

*Next Day in Gym and (Y/N)'s Perspective:

"What are you guys doing after school?" Nicolas joined us in our little circle.

We shrugged. "Not sure." 

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE, quit the chatter." A loud voice announced. "I'm Senor Rodrigo and I am the boys PE coach. Thank you girls for joining us today since Senora Angelina is out for maternity leave."

He cleared his throat. "I'm not going to lie, I am nothing like Senora Angelina, I can be quite mean and strict."

"The only thing mean in that breath." A boy sitting next to the coach mumbled as a speckle of spit fell onto his face. Everyone stifled a laugh.

The coach blinked, flustered. "Drop and give me 50, now." He pointed to a corner. The kid laughed and followed instructions. "Que asco." {Gross} He mumbled again from the corner while wiping his forehead.

Everyone's faces were filled with muffled smiles as he continued to talk. "As I was saying. We have push-up testing. Everyone is expected to do at least 20." He zipped up his loose jacket and cleared his throat.

"Partner up and count how many your partner does." He paused and looked around. "Any questions?"

"PUSH-UPS?" Amira groaned. Everyone looked at her. "If you think I'm doing push-ups, you're delusional." She rolled her eyes and walked out of the gym. Everyone exchanged confused glances.

"Did she just, leave?" Ivan laughed.

"Honestly, she's right." Mirabel whispered to me, giggling. "If I were any bolder I would have left too."

"We all know you wouldn't." Camilo teased. Mirabel rolled her eyes in return.

"Hurry up and pick your partners." The coach rolled his eyes, disregarding Amira's disappearance. "We only have a small amount of class time." He blew his whistle.

"I don't get paid enough for this." I heard his mumble under his breath.

I looked at Mirabel from the corner of my eye. But Ana beat me there.

"Mirabel!" She grabbed her arm. "Be my partner."  Mirabel opened her mouth to contest.

"Ana! Why aren't you being my partner." Catalina asked. Ana looked at Catalina then quickly back at Mirabel.

"Please? I don't wanna go with her." Mirabel sighed, and mouthed a 'sorry' my way.

"You're gonna regret this, Ana." Catalina grunted. She looked around for her partner and ran towards Camilo.

"Cami, can you be my partner?" He looked down at her with furrowed brows then shrugged.

"Sorry, I'm with (Y/N)." Her mouth dropped.

"You didn't even ask her! She's way over there." She pointed at me who sat a little ways away from them.

"I mentally asked her." He jokingly tapped his head. "Go be Ivan's partner." He suggested before walking away.

He walked over towards me, offering me a hand to get off of the floor.

"How many push-ups do you have in you?" He smiled and asked.

"Camilo, I can't do a push-up." I whispered, looking around.

"What do you mean you can't do a push up? Just, push up." He asked, confused.

"You're not funny." I rolled my eyes.

"Do a practice one." He suggested. Planking on the floor, I went down and up completing my push-up.

"See, you can do a push-up." He laughed.

"That was all I had." I laid on the ground.

"Alright! Partner one start when I blow the whistle. You have 1 minute to do as many as you can."

"Alright partner one." He looked down at me on the floor. "You got this." I rolled my eyes back sarcastically.

"Yeah, rig..." the whistle blew and I quickly got up and started my push ups.

"I'm actually doing so well!" I  happily looked up at him after my second one.

"Yeah! That's my novia." He clapped and smiled. I suddenly got tired. I did 4 then stopped.

"Why'd you stop? You were doing so good." Camilo whispered.

"That was all I had." I whispered back, looking up at him.

"He shook his head smiling.

The coach blew the whistle again and began walking around with a clipboard, taking count of how many each person completed.

"Lie for me." I quickly asked.

"Lie? Is that how you think of me, (Y/N)?" He jokingly acted offended.

"Camilo, if you don't lie for me I'm going to fail PE. The easiest class of the day." I playfully elbowed him.

"Ay, ok." He rubbed his arm.

The coach made it over to us and got his pen ready to record my number.

"How many did she do?" He looked at Camilo.

"4..." Camilo started.

"4?" The coach asked, furrowing his brows.

"No... 40!" Camilo quickly added with wide eyes.

"You couldn't make it any more realistic?!" I whispered through the side of my mouth to Camilo.

"I was panicking! I didn't know what to say." He whispered back, holding in a laugh.

"40?! Wow, (Y/N)! That's the most I've heard so far."

I nervously nodded along.

"If you want..." he stopped as his walkie-talkie started buzzing. "One moment." He put a finger up in our direction.

"Rodrigo." He mouthed.

"Can you please send (Y/N) down to the principals office if she's in your class?" A voice asked through the device.

He looked up at me then nodded. "Will do."

He hung up the walkie-talkie. "Before you go, I was saying. If you want to join our push-up competitions on Fridays you should definitely try it out later."

I smiled nervously, "yeah, later!" I replied while heading towards the gym doors while sending Camilo a smug look. Who shrugged and smirked in return.

Now what did I do now...?

(A/N) I do understand that a lot of you are probably very good at push-ups, I just needed something to work with the plot! Love you guys have a good day/night!